Waxoyl - how often?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gar

Reaction score
How often should one apply waxoyl to the underside of my pride and joy (my 71 bus).Some people say yearly, others 3 years!. Confused I am! Advice grateful, thanks, G

I'm one to talk as I haven't done anything with mine yet. I can't see how it's possible to stipulate an exact time or regime for this because there are so many variables. Like, mileage, garage conditions, temperature when it's parked up and when it's out etc etc. I'm guessing the more you do it the better. If you have a real good look at the underside and there is absolutely no sign of it degrading at all then I'd think it's ok because if it's on there it's doing the job. Maybe have a stricter program of checking it perhaps every six months then you can see how it's coping. And have a really good look once a year when it's up on the ramp having its mot. You could even photograph it to compare.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, must do mine too :lol: :roll: :lol:

Having just had our bus restored we have been advised to do it annually as part of the service regime to keep it all nice and fresh and to make sure the dreaded tin worm stays away. :D

neilc said:
Having just had our bus restored we have been advised to do it annually as part of the service regime to keep it all nice and fresh and to make sure the dreaded tin worm stays away. :D

+1.

The more often the better. :)

Give the chassis a good clean with a pressure washer first, check for and conduct any repairs, then re-apply whichever underseal protection you are choosing.

It should keep the chassis looking good, especially if you do not use it through the winter.

Cheers for the advice. I applied waxoyl two years ago and it looks good underneath with no visable signs of rust. Prevention is best so will probably do it again soon.

Waxoyl is old tech

Dinitrol is the future.

Cavity wax the.n 4941 over the top. Sprays better than waxoyl, better flow and the 4941 is tougher once set.

Latest posts