Weber 34 ict's!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
One of the first things I am going to do when I get my van back is too service the carbs if i'm going to be using it as a daily!

Anyone know of any good web pages to find any info on these and any handy hints? :lol:

There's not a great deal you need to know. There is a throttle stop & mixture screw on each carb.

Great carbs and good fuel economy, especially if you drive sensibly! still have a good bit of poke to get up hills etc.

Buy em direct from CB performance and svae yourself loads of cash!

Speak to Daniel @ cbperformance and he will sort you. Ordered mine on the Thursday, arrived on the Monday from the states :shock: 8) all good and have the better filters and parts are not cheap empi replacements, they are cb performance stuff including hex bar :D :D 8)

I already have the carbs dude! :wink:

Just after seeing if anyone had the info for servivng them really.

Anyone though the best place to get the service kits from on the net.

Ooops sorry dude :oops:

With service kits again, cb performance do all the stuff.

Make sure that you keep the links all wd40d so they dont start sticking as it will throw out the carbs.

Keep any eye on the throttle cable where it is connected to the linkage as this can wear. Change as routine once a year, it saves any nightmares and is only a few squid. 8)

I would if you can afford it rolling road the van every other year, but yearly if possible to keep em balanced and set up correctly. (also keeps any eye on the jets and shows if any probs are looming) 8) 8)

Depends where you go. I went to Interpro in Thornbury (near Bristol) and they were great. Cost £65 for the first 2 hours and then £50 for every hour there after. The guy (Jason) has a camper and really knows his stuff.

Mine took about 4 hours as there were a few problems (duff dizzy etc), but the result was basically a third extra power! result.

You can also go to raceshack but are allot more expensive. Better or worse I don`t know, but Im sure people have stories either way.

Check on google etc as their may be one near you, but its always worth checking if they have done VWS before etc, as this knowledge is worth its weight in gold. 8) :lol:

You would only need to rolling road your car once. They will fit the correct jets etc & balance the carbs.

You will need to make sure the valve clearances are set right & the ignition timing.

You may need to balance the carbs from time to time but you can do that yourself with practice.

Latest posts