Went to Felixtowe docks today...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeyspinner Tim

Reaction score
picked another one of these old shitters up :wink:

Pretty unusual actually... Most bay's coming from the states are Westies or Deluxes with the odd panel coming through but you don't see many of these...

Its a Nov 69 Transporter/kombi, basically a base model delivery van but with windows like like the split standard kombi's i guess. It has a headliner only in the cab area and basic paneling in the lower part of the rear. the rear inside came in primer but strangely it was painted over the neptune blue. it is one of the most original buses i've bought in(bar the surfboard racks and curtains) with all original paint and it has most of the original warning/instruction decals and even a stenciled red line on the cargo floor which tell's you how far to load out too so you don't foul the sliding door. It's had 2 owners from new, a father then his son and has obviously been well looked after...

69t.jpg

69t1.jpg

69t2.jpg

Gotta love the roof...

69t3.jpg

69t5.jpg

69t6.jpg

69t7.jpg

69t8.jpg

69t9.jpg

69t10.jpg

Bay M code buffers feel free to fill us in with the details :)

69t11.jpg

When i got it off the trailer at my workshop i seamed to run so well i took it out for a spin on the open road... drives lovely! :D

Damn! That looks soooo cool! And solid as hell! :shock: Great find. 8)

You only have to slam it (and remove the curtains and surfboardracks perhaps) to make it really perfect, IMHO. :wink: 8)

8) Quality another solid bus you found there. loads of potential 8)

They must be running out of Earlybay's in the States by now - you're buying them all :shock:

you git! :wink:
thats a sweet bus, im over there in june and would love to bring back something similar!

Monkeyspinner said:
Bay M code buffers feel free to fill us in with the details :)

69t11.jpg

I'll decode it later from my book :wink:

Looks great, another fine Early Bay 8)

What's the SP with this bus then (V.Nice 8) ) for sale or to do up and keep :?:

69t11.jpg

Built 1970, chassis number 077819

508=Ventilation windows in sliding doors

474751=Neptune Blue all over with Dark Beige leatherette interior

D26=Mcodes 020, 089, 102, 206, 511, 524, 525 all are US/Canadian spec codes

015=Middle 3 person bench seat

026=emission control

507=Opening quarter lights

46 4= built Thursday 13th Septmeber 1969

7300= temp serial number

UF=imported into San Francisco

2310= LHD Standard Kombi

21=1600cc 4spd gearbox

:wink:

gninnam said:
What's the SP with this bus then (V.Nice 8) ) for sale or to do up and keep :?:

For sale but i have a guy coming to look at it today so all going well, not for long...

thanks for the codes Speedman

Sold.......to me!
Well stoked with it - I've been interested in this bus since it was first posted on the Roadhouse site last year, and its exactly what I've been looking for - an OG paint bus with loads of character. And it had to be an early bay!

As monkey says, it will be sat in the weeds, with a correct period westy interior and a few choice accessories.

Looking forward to getting it back to Brighton, and hooking up with all the earlybay crew at the shows this year.

Props to Monkeyspinner for all the help and advice, and for importing it in the first place. Get busy with that lowering stick!

nice one Ego trippin` good to see one of monkeys happy customers as soon as poss get more pictures of it up :wink: welcome dude

Cheers Grazy. Thanks for the welcome. We'll be posting some 'teasers' as the work progresses. Should be ready around mid-May, then I'll be hitting the shows.

Well done Ego on your new purchase (bye bye money :roll: )

Like what Grazy says - what plans?

Latest posts