Weston Super Mare

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re off to Weston tomorrow for a day on the beach with a crew that are fairly local but we haven’t really had much contact with. It’s Clubs Unite At The Beach, so we’ll pop down and join in and have fish and chips at the seaside, what’s not to like. So far, the only organisation from our part is meeting up somewhere close by down there just off the motorway junction near the Sainsbury’s and faff about and get hooked up. Then waddle down to the seaside for just before ten. Anybody about tomozzz? Anybody else need something to do tomorrow???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,Sun, Sea, Sand, Fish And Chips,,What’s not to like :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well we went, and the weather stayed ‘reasonable’ and we had less than ten minutes of spotting to rain. Had a great chat with Red Robin, RedArmy, Soggs off the lates and Andy with Tina and my Co pilot Gabs, even bumped into my mate Coggs. Had a nice hurtle around on the M5 then met up with Rich and these guys ^^^ on the grassed area at Weston Super Mare. For quite a while we was the only air cooled there and late morning a split a beetle and an early turned up and then a Ittle later another bay and Andy decided to grace us with his presence as he’d had a bit of a heavy one it would seem. All great , nice chatting to everybods then we marched off to Winstons for everybody’s favourite and that’ll be fish and chips. Topped off and followed by a superb sugar cone icecream with flake of course, rather large of course :unsure:
Chatted each others ears off until some were showing signs of lockjaw then we gave in and rolled home.

Ozziedog,,,,,.,,.,Grrreat to see everyone ! :)

Well we went, and the weather stayed ‘reasonable’ and we had less than ten minutes of spotting to rain. Had a great chat with Red Robin, RedArmy, Soggs off the lates and Andy with Tina and my Co pilot Gabs, even bumped into my mate Coggs. Had a nice hurtle around on the M5 then met up with Rich and these guys ^^^ on the grassed area at Weston Super Mare. For quite a while we was the only air cooled there and late morning a split a beetle and an early turned up and then a Ittle later another bay and Andy decided to grace us with his presence as he’d had a bit of a heavy one it would seem. All great , nice chatting to everybods then we marched off to Winstons for everybody’s favourite and that’ll be fish and chips. Topped off and followed by a superb sugar cone icecream with flake of course, rather large of course :unsure:
Chatted each others ears off until some were showing signs of lockjaw then we gave in and rolled home.

Ozziedog,,,,,.,,.,Grrreat to see everyone ! :)
Ah, Memories. Spent part of my early life in Clevedon and each Saturday parents would take us swimming at Knightstone baths with beans on toast followed by ice cream in Fortes on the sea front. Good days. Now live near Vancouver BC.

Well mate, I’m afraid the Fortes has long gone but there’s still one at Burnham On Sea a few miles down the coast. Weston has always been a great day out destination because you are at the seaside and you get fantastic fish and chips and an icecream and get to drive home in less than an hour which is always a bonus. In case you’ve forgotten,,,, you rarely get to see the sea,,,,, just the mud.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,love that place to bits :cool: :) :cool:

We always called it Weston super mud, think I have only seen the tide in once. BTW I once did Weston to Ledbury in an hour (sorry officer!!)
Yup , and we still do sometimes. The rarity is the tide in. Over the other side of the channel in Barry, the sand is absolutely lovely. Shows that it pays to seive the sand daily.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Too dirty to be called mud ! :)

Well mate, I’m afraid the Fortes has long gone but there’s still one at Burnham On Sea a few miles down the coast. Weston has always been a great day out destination because you are at the seaside and you get fantastic fish and chips and an icecream and get to drive home in less than an hour which is always a bonus. In case you’ve forgotten,,,, you rarely get to see the sea,,,,, just the mud.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,love that place to bits :cool: :) :cool:
My Dad on that MUD at Knightstone circa 1970. Ha ha. Rgds C

Attachments

• Grandad on the Ann.jpg
    Grandad on the Ann.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts