Westy Awning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windsurfer

Reaction score
I have a original Westy awning, are they easy to assemble?
Looking to pitch it this weekend. Anyone on the forum use theirs?

Cheers
Si :mrgreen:

yep dead easy.

Awning roof slopes away from van when put up (if you still have the colored tape on the poles I think the red side is the van side, hooks that hold canvas to frame dont hook the plastic hook to the frame it goes over the tube and hooks in to the eyelet. Apart from that just attach the canvas before you extend the legs.

Depends what you want really. In these modern times of lightweight materials, pop together flexi poles and cavernous bedeuin village type awnings that can be kept in a coat pocket, I suppose they are a bit crap, but! they fit to the van like a glove, are water and windproof, have a sturdy built in groundsheet and more than doubles the space available to you. Plus they are 'right' for a Westy van, which 'is' the main thing, imo.

There is a case that if a Westy and an awning isnt enough space then you are too big a group for a Westy and an awning ;)

let's face it; you've bought the westy for 'image' reasons rather than 'family' ones... there are dozens of vehicles more suited to the needs of a young family wanting a camper van in 2009, but you feel that your bus represents 'you' far more than a converted fiat or a T4 ever could; agreed ?

same with the westy awning.

they're rubbish... literally the most ridiculous thing you could clamp to the side of your bus... not that you'll be able to because the plastic will be 40 years old and as malleable as your main rails, but that's by the by... it's not the point ;)

westy awnings and westys go together like hinge and bracket.

FACT.

icon_e_ugeek.gif

they're rubbish... literally the most ridiculous thing you could clamp to the side of your bus... not that you'll be able to because the plastic will be 40 years old and as malleable as your main rails, but that's by the by... it's not the point

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: very well put, your shortest and most concise point ever I do believe :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the councillor said:
let's face it; you've bought the westy for 'image' reasons rather than 'family' ones... there are dozens of vehicles more suited to the needs of a young family wanting a camper van in 2009, but you feel that your bus represents 'you' far more than a converted fiat or a T4 ever could; agreed ?

AGREED

they're rubbish... literally the most ridiculous thing you could clamp to the side of your bus...

I DON'T AGREE, IT'S GOT TO BE LESS RIDICULOUS THAN CLAMPING ON A ...............................................

FISH
STRAP ON
NINJA TURTLE
BLOW UP DOLL
WOMAN?

ANY OTHER OFFERS??!!!!!!!!!!

heh heh; sorry you're right ;)

i must admit to being a bit straight-laced when it comes to my postings on here... to be honest the idea of clamping a turtle to the side of my bus hadn't even occurred to me :oops:

Ah, my secret.

You have to copy and paste from wikipedia (or somewhere similar!).

Thought you'd like it, I'm getting into your brain Councillor and yes, it is SCARY!

windsurfer said:
Ah, my secret.

You have to copy and paste from wikipedia (or somewhere similar!).

Thought you'd like it, I'm getting into your brain Councillor and yes, it is SCARY!

I did this the other night, using wikipedia was the only why I could keep up with him (the councillor) in the end I crashed and burned and had to send him a pm to say I give up! :oops:
wayne.jpg

Latest posts