• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westy Hella interior light wiring.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 20815

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a little help please. The switches were smashed on the interior light in my new Westy and on further investigation the wires are cut and a bit of a mess inside. I have purchased some temporary switches until I can find some genuine ones but could do with knowing where the wires go and why there are two switches?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

There is two switches because there is two bulbs and there individually switched, wiring will depend on whether it is
+ or - switching.

Cheers

Jon

oxy-jon said:
Hi John,

There is two switches because there is two bulbs and there individually switched, wiring will depend on whether it is
+ or - switching.

Cheers

Jon

Thanks Jon but there are actually three bulbs and the wires seem to go to all of them from the one remaining switch. I'm wondering if this is correct or something the previous owner did.

John

Have just pm's you, this has been altered by someone, if you want to send it to me, I can fit the new switches and rewire for you..
Cheers
Jon

oxy-jon said:
Have just pm's you, this has been altered by someone, if you want to send it to me, I can fit the new switches and rewire for you..
Cheers
Jon

Thanks Jon I might just take you up on that but kind of want to have a go myself first. I would imagine one switch turns 2 bulbs on and the other turns just one on but wanted someone to confirm this.

Yes, one switch turns on the outside two bulbs, the other switch turn on the centre bulb, so you have 1,2 or 3 bulbs working
I can do a drawing for you if you let me have your email address.
Jon

oxy-jon said:
Yes, one switch turns on the outside two bulbs, the other switch turn on the centre bulb, so you have 1,2 or 3 bulbs working
Jon

What he said! that's exactly how mine works dude.
L

lemur said:
oxy-jon said:
Jon

What he said! that's exactly how mine works dude.
L
Perfect. Thanks both that's all I needed to know.

Thanks for your help I sorted it. Using temporary switches until I drop on some genuine ones.

Latest posts