• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westy Hookup 125V plugs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredamens

Reaction score
I have just finished converting the existing hook up on my 71 Westy for UK use. As such, I had to order the 125V plugs from the US and got 5 of them. I only need 1 so there is 4 going spare.

I cannot remember how to post pictures (advice would be nice) but they are they same as the one shown on the topic below. I can let you have them for £8.50 posted if anyone is interested.

I have a paypal account or send a cheque whatever is easiest. Im sure you can pay via paypal with an email address is that true, if so i will post my email adress if there are any takers.

Fred - 07876348662

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6053&hilit=WESTY+HOOKUP

Are these the ones that plug into the socket on the outside of the bus? If so yes would like one of these.

To insert the picture click on 'img' button above the thread and insert the html pic code or link between the img quotation marks. Failing that send it to me and i'll post it for you.

Pictures added, thanks for the help.

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

Hi if you have one left i will take one,i can pay by paypal if you like cheers

What's the story with these? Am i right in thinking you make up a hook-up cable with this on one end and a UK doo-dah on the other and hey-presto power to the bus :D ?
Is there then any work to do inside the bus other than connect upto a couple of sockets?

Cheers
Chris

You can do that using travel plugs, although i would update the wiring inside the american plug socket.

Or you can do as i have done, re-wire the american socket on your bus to a comsumer unit (possibly under the R&R bed) and connect your english plug sockets to it. Of course you will need to, as you say, hook-up cable with this on one end and a UK doo-dah on the other and hey-presto.

Hope this helps

Hi There, If you've got any of these left I'll definately have one. PM me you paypal details and I'll send the dosh over tonight.

Cheers

Nice one, money on it's way to you, no rush though as my bus is still in the garage!

Latest posts