Westy Ply roof lining

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianscooby

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the ply roof lining, if so what did you use.
I've already gone through a forest and the only option would be to put in two pieces in the front with a joint up the middle, I've seen this done by FBI, it's ok but not original

slammedresto said:
you should be able to find it from somewhere, but the difficult bit is finding 5 x 5 sheets, so it can go in in 3 pieces

I found a wood place, that can do 5 x 5 sheets of 3mm birch, £75 a sheet. My local builders mechants does regular 6 x 4 sheets for £7.50 so I decided to joint them and used Wickes water based clear varnish to gives a similar effect to birch.

3mm birch ply can be bought easily at a proper wood merchants. 5'x5' is a standard size for 3mm ply, you can't buy it in a 8'x4' sheet.....only 4mm is available in that size.

I just bought 3 sheets from my local wood merchants for £10 a sheet, the 8x4 was £30 a sheet.

Bizarre pricing but there you go........ :lol:

if you were quoted £75 a sheet then they are pulling your wotsit....... :shock:

carole

carole said:
3mm birch ply can be bought easily at a proper wood merchants. 5'x5' is a standard size for 3mm ply, you can't buy it in a 8'x4' sheet.....only 4mm is available in that size.

I just bought 3 sheets from my local wood merchants for £10 a sheet, the 8x4 was £30 a sheet.

Bizarre pricing but there you go........ :lol:

if you were quoted £75 a sheet then they are pulling your wotsit....... :shock:

carole

I can get 8x4s in 3mm to the cows come home, but everywhere tells me a 5x5 is special order and comes at a premium.

Latest posts