Westy roof bar opinions/ladder advise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which roof bar system

• Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beige

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

CornishSilver

Reaction score
If you were looking for bars for your westy which would you go for. My bus is already on beefed up AT tyres so atm I'm leaning towards the Beige bus. I think they all look cool in their own way as I'm sure mine will when I get to it. One things for sure, I'm going to need a ladder!! Anyone with westy roof racks/bars please post pics and also anyone with good solid useable ladder pics or recommendations would be welcome too. Does anyone know if this will work with a T2a Gutter and Jacking point? http://campervanculture.com/shop/rocky-mountain-westy-ladder/

I use a 2m telescopic ali ladder and keep it in the van only when I take stuff on the roofrack - search eBay for them - they vary wildly in price, but I think my 2m one was only around £26 and is superb..... I extend all rungs but one (very top) and sort of wedge it under the gutter then against floor - its solid... when you wedge it under the gutter is stops it sliding sidewards if you lean over.

Took me a while to find a 2m one as most of them are 2.6 or 3m - but 2m is plenty, and it will just be bigger and get in the way if its too long.

HTH

Latest posts