Westy Roof Front clamp ? Pictures

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eeza

Reaction score
The roof on my camper blew up and damaged one of the hinges last year, I have seen a picture in the gallery of a young lad restoring his Westy in the US and there was a piccie of the centre spring / clamp thingy thats bolts to the front centre section of the fibreglass roof. Mine looks to have snapped as I can push up on the front of the roof so if the wind gets under it, there will be a world of pain :lol:

Does anyone have decent picture so I can fab up a replacment ? Or have I got it very wrong

i.e how is the front of the roof held down, not just by the hinges ?

Cheers ;)

these any good?
SAM_2427.jpg

SAM_2426.jpg

SAM_2425.jpg

SAM_2424.jpg

Many thanks for the pictures, the only one I REALLY need is not there lol.... I got this picture from the Ahem "Late Bay" from a guy restoring his front hinged westy roof. You can see the bracket in the middle of the roof at the front, I guess it kinda hooks under the bracket screwed to the roof of the van ?

Anyone got a close up ?

IMG_2409.jpg

Many thanks Eric

Does the top bracket locate to the front or rear of the bottom bracket when closed?

I found the top bracket locates to the rear of the bottom bracket when closed. refer https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5680767

Latest posts