westy sold, '70 deluxe home! :-)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice seats 8)

Plan to change the cloth inserts in the seats to match the the interior of the van (or the other way round) ;)

Are the seats mounted on the Porsche runners? If so, what did you do with the runners for the original seats?

Do you have any pics?

Looking good BTW :)

Thanks!

At first I wanted to screw the runners into the van, but that seemed impossible at hte time. I'll try :oops: to explain why. Problem was that I couldn't separate the upper part of the runner from the lower because they are notched just to avoid that. The only way to screw the upper part onto the seat is when the seats are not installed yet so you can slide both halfs far enough to reach the holes in which the bolt go. When placed in the bus, there is not enough space to do that. Get it? :oops: :oops:
Therefor the only option was to leave the runners on the seats, place the seat into the bus and weld the runners (the seats well protected by heat resistant blanked of course!). But before I could do that, I had to remove the original runners and brackets.
Afterwards, I realised that there might have been a better way (which, I don't know yet :lol:) because it isn't done very professionally... :oops: But it's too late now... However, I'm thinking of restoring the bus in a year or so. Maybe two years... ;)

I'll try not to forget to make some picture this weekend and post them.

Bus is sold to someone from Germany.

This one's on its way and will be delivered on my driveway in about 3 weeks: :)

6y2syw.jpg

xkx6ic.jpg

im2s5i.jpg

2qddblu.jpg

2m3pssw.jpg

Finally, my new bus is home! The seller brought it to my house. Unfortunetaly, he forgot the close the driver's cab window and it was raining very hard! I could swim in it! :lol: And the seat was soaked. But it needs to be replaced anyway.

This is the m-code:

m-codet2a.jpg

I will try to make some pictures tomorrow.

Pics will follow. Priority for me was get it running.
So yesterday I placed some new fuel lines, today I replaced the sparks plugs an cables. And yes, she starts. I did not take it for a testdrive yet, but my first impression is that the engine runs very smoothly. I just have te replace the battery, because she only starts with the help of starter cables. And I will have to let some oil off. The level is about 2 cm more than the maximum indication!! :shock: :shock: First I thought some fuel got mixed with the oil, but I can't smell any fuel.

Latest posts