What an 'exhausting' day!!! Having problems :(

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDeeTheBay

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advise.....

Just bought a new exhaust for DeeDee, its the WORST fitting exhaust I've ever fitted in my life! (That's what Karl said!)

Firstly the 4 to 1 manifold touches the engine support at the rear so we've had to modify it so that it doesn't touch. (its still very close though)
It doesn't come with heat risers and you cant fit the original ones to it as they don't line up.
On the drivers side (LHD) where the manifold joins the heat exchanger the manifold is virtually touching the engine support again

The bolts supplied to fit the quiet pack (bugpack) to the manifold aren't long enough so we've had to sort our own.
The support bracket that comes with the silencer just doesn't line up with anything and again, its touching the engine support.

We've even had to modify the fitting kits which I think takes the biscuit!!!

I'm going to go and take some pics now to show you guys, just don't know what to do. we're very tempted to take the whole lot off and take it back to where we bought it from and get a refund.

Why is nothing ever simple? lol

x

Send it back, I've had stuff in the past that was not fit for purpose and didn't fit or poor and nasty cheap copies. No more from now on rather than fekking about with it I shall just send stuff back - then they might start listening. Come the revolution!

Viva La Revolución!!

I have a pretty certain feeling that it'll be going back shortly......

uploading pics now :msn4:

well after plenty of bending things that shouldn't be bend and hammering stuff that shouldn't be hammered its fitted and running :)

job done!

Latest posts