What modifications

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it was mine i`d get it packed up with gear and go on holiday .............as long as its running and full well half full of fuel :lol:

then realise the error of your ways at the end of the year and sell it and get a proper bus :lol:

Like Aaron said...then go camping and make a brew :D

It looks quite nice and original (for a 73?).....original is good, in many ways better than than modified if its still working and in good order, so focus on that before you go changing anything.

And check out "the late bay" forum, but be careful, late bays tend to get painted lurid colours, yours looks a nice (maybe OG) sumatra green http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

have fun!

go camping in it...enjoy it...you only need to worry about modifying it when something breaks :lol: dont waste weekends, sunny days, rainy days, days off faffing around with it just use it as is...it looks great ;) my first bus was a 72/73 great vans far far better in my opinion that than the late 70's vans..... however this is earlybay and early bays rule 8)

enjoy it..."adventure is out there" :lol: (watched 'UP' the film last night :lol: )

Looks like a pretty solid bus
When you take the spare wheel bracket off you will be left with 4 bolt holes that you won't hide with a badge,
They will need to be welded up and resprayed.
Dosent look like you need a new panel.

Thanks guys.... A mixed review of comments.

Just to clarify, I wontbe moving the indicators, just replacing the covers with clear ones. I'll put a new badge on the front & maybe a roof
Rack.

All additional exterior stuff is up for grabs, as I'll have to see what cash is hanging around after the interior is done, but I'd love to respary it.
Any ideas of re spray costs??

Latest posts