What seats are people using?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham L said:
Kempy

Sorry off topic question, I see you have what appears to be a 3 point seatbelt for your 'buddy' seat behind the drivers seat, is this inertia reel and if so where did you fix it to?

I haven't Graham it's just the rear belts that i took off and dumped in the storage area.

mike

Mike

Thanks for letting me know, seemed like a good idea though, has anyone one done this?

Jaguar XK8 seats for me, re-trimmed.

Bit of work to go in but no major issues.

Ripped out all the heated seated bits as figured I would never use.

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

purpleshamroc said:

DSC02481.jpg
[/img] :roll:

very nice :wink:

were did you get the interior units from??

Pete O Brien from Deluxe Interiors (the guy who did John Kings Crew Cab Bay Window & also John's Beetle on Beetle Crisis2) put the new interior in - i.e Seats, cabinets & rock and roll.

I believe he used a local cabinet maker in Luton to make up the units.

I'll be at Volksworld next month if you want a close look ?

OG for me. The drivers seat has burst open and is hanging, but will remian till I find another.
One year only as well, so rare as .....

Orig ones for me, resprung and retrimmed and are fine, at 6ft 2 I need a comfy seat and these have always been fine for me on long or short journeys :D

VanNewFront1.jpg

purpleshamroc said:

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

thats one of the coolest interiors ive seen 8)

did you brush plate the steering column in gold? looks the nutts :D

easy said:
Orig ones for me, resprung and retrimmed and are fine, at 6ft 2 I need a comfy seat and these have always been fine for me on long or short journeys :D

VanNewFront1.jpg

Always thought your interior looks really good, I've seen your van a couple of times at the shows before I linked it to be you off the forum here, I'll say hi next time! :D

Easy

Out of interest who did your carpet sets?, the same people as trimmed your seats?, if so do you mind me asking who?

Looks great, just got rubber mats on the floor at the moment but want to fit carpet at some point,

Mats were made by these people http://www.krychtrimming.co.uk/ not the cheapest in the world, but only took 2 days to do and the finish is perfect. 8)

They do full cars and headlinings etc. Based in Bristol if thats near you? 8)

Latest posts