What size engines have ya got??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an adapted scat one with deeper grooves and the thread goes all the way up to the back of the wheel. Did you know there are actually 3 threads aswell?

It may be up for sale, brand new :D :wink:

I want to get my serp kit working. The main reason (besides it looking bloody cool)? So I can drop the belt off easy when racing. No alternator/fan turning = more HP!

1641 GAC built motor, 110 cam, flowed heads, twin 40's & merged header.

I have nearly finished building the 2007 which will have EFI & then aT3 turbo added...

DSCN1504.jpg

I had all the tin powdercoated gloss black before I put it in.

It will be removed again to paint the engine bay. The whole van is being stripped for paint. It is taking ages as I have been busy with work...

Running 2.2 Subaru power. Somewhere around 140bhp (ish) and the same mpg as when she was aircooled.

100_1078.jpg

slammedresto said:
1641 twinport, scat cam, twin 34s

I've been contemplating for a while as to which route to go down for an upgrade - 1641 or 1776?? Current thoughts are for a 1641 with twin Dells. So Gary, my question is, what's the benefit of the Scat cam over the stock cam? Does your engine run hotter too? What sort of mpg do you get?

I'm after a torque increase with a bit more oomph for getting up the hills. I'm not too worried about top end speed but some better cruising mph wouldn't go amiss either. :idea: As for carbs on a 1641 I was thinking Dellorto 32 FRDs with 23mm chokes which I could up to 28mm chokes if I eventually went down the 1776 route. Am I barking up the wrong tree or just barking mad?? Answers on a postcard.....

1641 remtec in da swede.
People slate remtec but i must of got one built on a good day. :D

Latest posts