What size gas bottle have you got, and what for ? thanks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theanimalbus

Reaction score
We wanna run a 3 way 60litre fridge and a two ring cooking station grill thing.......

Just wondering how long these bottles last, what size is best to get ?

And what gas.....butane / propane ?

Lets say for example fridge at a show for long weekend, or a week long trip to coast or mountains stopping here and there on sit off site ;)

maybe i won't get a straight answer as everybody is different, but just trying to get an idea ? :D

Many thanks in advance
;)

I've got 2 x 3.9kg propane bottles. use 1 for fridge the other for cooking. last me between a year and 18 months depending on usage of course. 8)

Get yourself down to a caravan shop and ask the question, we did and it all depends on whether you plan on going abroad or not as to what type of bottle you can use.
Calor gas is a UK company and as such (we were told) you cant get them refilled abroad but you can get a european bottle (different regulators) that you can get refilled.
We ended up with a European bottle as next year were planning a trip to the italian lakes. Was told a bottle this size (think its a small blue bottle) should last about 3 weeks although we will only be using it for cooking so might last longer

Latest posts