What wheels for my bay Cookie Cutters or BRM, pics please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Piccy of my last bay, a late one but still looked pretty good with gasburners....give you an idea anyway....

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

Midland wheels are always at Vanfest, and they do very good show prices if you have the cash on the day...

Carole

Hello has anyone actually fitted cookie cutters on there bay, i will need adapters and i already have some 7" wheels but they look too wide so i was going to go for 6" ones with adapters.
has anyone done this , my bus is pretty low so worried about clearance!

how low is that bus carole? its just the stance im after?

lee, what size lugs have you got on? wide or small 5?

Please see below a copy of the PM I sent Dal yesterday - I hope you don't mind Dal...

Oh, and it might be worth checking with Dal before bidding on the wheels mentioned below...

Hi Dal,

Thanks for getting in touch about the wheels...

The 7J rims you've been offered are not suitable for you! 7J (with an ET of 23) will be too wide and you'll struggle to get them under the arches (even at the rear).

You will need to get 6J rims - these have an ET of 36 which is the same as 6J Porsche Teledials and 6J Fuchs. You will need adaptors so you can go from 5x112 PCD to 5x130 - if your adaptors are 2cm thick (or maybe a little more) then you'll be fine and they'll sit under the arches nicely!

Adaptors can be bought from loads of places but the cheapest/quality option is on eBay - you can get a set of four with Porsche bolts and lockers for £145 Buy It Now on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-to-Porsche-adptr-pltes-bolts-lockers-T2-T25-CAMPER_W0QQitemZ170141992360QQihZ007QQcategoryZ27385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

- although occasionally 2nd hand sets come up for sale (they usually go for £100ish anyway) so worth keeping an eye out.

The trouble you may have is finding a set of 6J rims for sale - they are much, much rarer than 7J as they were only fitted to early 911's and some 944's (front only) and are often sought after for historic racing/rallying where rim width is limited to 6 inches - but don't loose heart as they are out there! In fact, there appears to be a set on eBay at the moment - the ad doesn't say that they're 6J but it looks like it to me from the photo - why not ask the seller...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/porsche-cookie-cutters-good-tyres-bargain_W0QQitemZ290154908325QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Combiporsche's bus uses home-made 2cm thick adaptors and 6J rims and I think it looks just right - you'll struggle to find adaptors quite that thin but a few extra mm won't matter much!

If there's anything else you need help with just drop me a line or call me on 07774 413652 (not too late though as I get up early!!!).

Good luck with your search...

Juss

;)

I really dont think its worth the hassle after reading that. youll need a narrowed beam possibly up front. more money.

Johnny i have small 5 stud pcd.

Thanks for that justin i thought i would get away with 6" cookies with adapters.

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
I really dont think its worth the hassle after reading that. youll need a narrowed beam possibly up front. more money.

No need for a narrowed beam - it'll be fine with a standard beam (even with adjusters!)...

IMG000041.JPG

;)

No worries on the pm :D
Leebug if you want to go for the ebay cookies thats cool, I'm gonna wait to see if a set turn up a bit closer to me :wink:

I have just got these painted & tyres fitted. They are 6's & 7's so don't know if they will fit or not yet. I guess the front will be ok, but the rear might be a bit tight!

DSC00206.jpg

I have some 7" teledials I can run on the T25 & put the lush D90's back on...

I could stick em on the Mrs Oval & swipe my Fuchs back, They would look lush.

Decisions decisions.

If I had 5x112 stud pattern Id be bolting on some JGE Gasburners, for sure. My mate got snide Fuchs for his (5x112) EB, and they just dont fit under the arches - cheers, MWS!

I think the only wheels Ill change my (5 x 205) stockers for is a set of Sprintstars. Ill most likely end up with Flat 4 repops due to the cost of OG these days, unless I get lucky ....

Just fitted BRMs from Midland Wheel. Now my mind is made up...The van's just GOT TO BE LOWERED...Looks like some sort of 4 wheel drive off roader at the moment :D . By the way I got real good service from Midland Wheel. I ordered 205 pattern for a van that never arrived in July this year then had to change them for 112s when my new van arrived in October. Midland did not charge a restocking fee and exchanged them without any hastle.

Latest posts