whats the best carbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oslo_mark69

Reaction score
Hi looking at boosting the performance of my 1600 tp
already have installed the petronix coil leads 009 dissy etc so looking now for a set of carbs . but which ones weber .dells solex kadron empi
confused .com
do I need to add an oil cooler ? bigger sump?
looking at fitting a CSP Python exhaust , has anyone got one ??? any good whats the best exhaust ??
1.25 rockers ???
anything else i can do
recomendations ?

there was an article in the recent Keeping Your Bus Alive Magazine (came out about a months ago) which had a few suggestions ...

Webers or Dell'ortos are the best imo. I'm running basically what your thinking of, Weber 40's, 009 with Scat 1:25 bolt up rocker shafts and a Bugpack 4 into 1 exhaust. I've also got a CB performance full flow pump, deep sump and an Empi oil-cooler with a fan to go on.

Westy Richardson said:
Webers or Dell'ortos are the best imo. I'm running basically what your thinking of, Weber 40's, 009 with Scat 1:25 bolt up rocker shafts and a Bugpack 4 into 1 exhaust. I've also got a CB performance full flow pump, deep sump and an Empi oil-cooler with a fan to go on.

do you consider it to be a good combo ,or would you change anything given the chance ?

Dellorto DRLA 36's or 40's imho. everyone ive spoken to in the performance scene has recommended them to me for a similar setup. Ive gone with the 36's myself :D

Oslo_mark69 said:
Westy Richardson said:

do you consider it to be a good combo ,or would you change anything given the chance ?

For what i want it's ideal, got more BHP and MPG but did'nt cost the earth to build. apart from a couple of teething troubles at the start and my old set of webers going wrong because the insides were dodgy it has'nt given me any hassle tbh.

Oslo_mark69 said:
cheers guys for the info

what do you think about the right exhaust??

I've got a 4 into 1 Bugpack system with a quite pack muffler. Would love a CSP Python but ££££ :( Any performance system will be better than a stock setup for performace gains