Wheel fitment Help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy71

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at buying some wheels for my 71.

I pretty sure a need 5 stud 112 but not sure about the 4.5 or 5.5? Is this the width?

I’ve noticed some people talking about 2 of each, is that 4.5 at the front and 5.5 at the rear?

I’m gunna be lowering and narrowing the front and adjustable spring plates at the rear so should I be looking at 2, 4.5 and 2, 5.5?

Then what’s the best tyre size / make for that setup?

I believe my 71 has slightly flared rear arches that is supposed to help with removing the wheel once lowered.

Any advice appreciated 👍👍

Thanks Pete

Welcome Pete

Check this thread to see the different wheel and tyre and suspension set ups across the earlybay members

This should give you a few ideas on what can and can’t be used on your bus

Welcome

Width isn’t so much the problem with a bus. Off set is what causes issues, espiecally on the rear. But you have a bit more leeway with a 71 due to the flared rear arches.

Having staggered width is all down to personally preference and again if your narrowing the front that gives you more options to play with. I had 4.5 and 5.5 steels for a long time but have now 5.5 Porsche rims all round. Just be mindful though if your going real low as the narrower the beam the more likely you’ll need to tub the arches as there is less clearance the more in board you go.

Tyres is quite an open book, depending on the height, look your after and how important comfort is because naturally a lower profile tyre gives a harsher ride.

Thanks for the replies,

Karlos- I’m looking at Fuch reps by JBW. I know there a bit predictable but I think they suit Sierra yellow buses.

They only offer +20 offset on the 15” 112, do you think they will fit?

Grazy- thanks but I can’t see a thread/ link??

Sandy71 said:
Thanks for the replies,

Karlos- I’m looking at Fuch reps by JBW. I know there a bit predictable but I think they suit Sierra yellow buses.

They only offer +20 offset on the 15” 112, do you think they will fit?

Grazy- thanks but I can’t see a thread/ link??

They should fit my friend Stuart has fuch on his 71 bus

Latest posts