Wheel fitment issues?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk

Reaction score
I think Sprint Stars look great on a bay, but someone told me that they wont lay flat or fit on the rear drums.

What will I have to do to get Sprint stars or wide 5 Fuchs to fit in the rear?

Anything helps. :mrgreen:

2394929.jpg

2407313.jpg

Thanks Steve

Yes I've got Sprintstars on the back of Hank and as far as I'm aware there are no fitment issues, they fit straight on

L1010088.jpg

L1000396.jpg

So... you bought that wheel, and bolted it right up. No problems at all. I love the sprint stars, and want a set badly, but I was always told that the ribs on the rear drums would interefere, and I would have to run a spacer. You didn't? I was leaning towards the Fuchs, but I think you changed my mind. :D

BTW... I love your bay. Lowered spindles up front?

Okay. Sprint stars have a 3.5" backspacking, and are 5" wide. With the spacer, it would be 3.75. I think that will still fit in the rear, right?

Spacer: http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C26%2D603%2D100%2D2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kirk

These were a set I bought secondhand (never been fitted) but came from MWS. They fitted straight on with no spacers or anything, they are running on 185/65/15 tyres and are reasonably tight to the wheelarch but I can still get my fingers between arch and tyre, I think if you tried to fit wider tyres on the sprintstars they would foul. spacers will just push them out even further.

When you say ribs on the rear drums fouling I didn't have this problem at all.

Thanks for the comments about Hank, he's actually for sale at the moment and the front is running on adjusters rather than drop spindles but I still wanted a comfy ride :mrgreen:

Let me know if you want any further help etc

So why, if you guys can bolt them right up, do I keep hearing that both the ribs on the drum, and the screws that hold the drum on, will keep the wheels from sitting flush?

I just want to make sure my bases are covered before I sink that kind of coin on wheels. :p

Kirk said:
So why, if you guys can bolt them right up, do I keep hearing that both the ribs on the drum, and the screws that hold the drum on, will keep the wheels from sitting flush?

I just want to make sure my bases are covered before I sink that kind of coin on wheels. :p

mine are flat 4 repros if that makes any difference

Latest posts