Wheel Tracking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnut

Reaction score
Does anyone know where does wheel tracking/alignment done around the telford/shrewsbury area for a bus thats been dropped with horse shoe plates and drop spindles. Every where I call keep saying the same thing, "If we can't get to the top of the back wheel we can't do it".

Only need this as tyres are scrubbing on :worship: the inside

I had the same problem, because they hang the laser on the top of the wheel, I rang around and found someone with one that clips to the front of the wheel.
The next problem I had was finding one with a 4 post lift :?

I had all sorts of issues trying to get my alignment done after lowering so I found this, http://www.trackace.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aslong as you use a flat level floor its brill, set up my front geometry a treat, I was getting some tyres changed at a local tyre place and seen they had the old dunlop tracking system, so took my van to get checked and it was bob on using the trackace, right in the middle of the figures in bently

I would reccomend it to any one, I adjusted the camber by using a magnetic digital clino and hex bar linkage for a set of webbers, but needed to use the hex bar for carbs again so used a cheap spirt level with 2 bolts and driled the holes where they needed to be to on the rim. all in i think i bought all the bits and the track ace for 80 quid, and have used it on 3 or 4 of my mates buses and on a few cars

just get them to do the fronts only

I would think tyres scrubbing arches is bus to low or tyre size no good not tracking

If the tyres are scrubbing badly on the inside, it may be an installation issue as I see you have dropped spindles. If these are the Transporter House ones or have the ball joints reversed, it may be that the track rod ends have not been flipped to suit. There is a thread or two on here of peeps with similar issues but I`m not smart enough to do a linky thingy to them. You`d think they might only go one way but you would be wrong :shock: Then do the tracking yourself with two long pieces of string stretched tight and touching both sides of the rear wheels and parallel to each other then adjust your tracking to have your front wheels `toe in` (pigeon toed) at the front just slightly narrower at the front by about 2mm - 5mm. Useful to measure to the front rim and not the tyre. So parallel strings, one each side, equal at just below hub height or as close to centre of wheel as possible. Turn steering until both wheels are the same to the string at the rear of the front wheel, then you`re tracking can be adjusted until the fronts of the front rims are a couple of mm closer together than the rear of the front wheels, when you do your final check, draw the measurements onto a small batten like a piece of doorstop and make sure you are looking from directly overhead so your measurements will read as accurate as possible. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Much harder to write than to do :lol: :lol: :lol:

A thought, after what Ozziedog said, I got my van with drop spindles fitted, and the camber was way off and I couldnt set up the toe angle properly, after some digging about I found that the person that had fitted the drop spindles had stuck the steering ball joints in the the wrong way and just grollied the nuts up to get them to fit, so I slackened them off and fliped them over, camber and toe came in no dramas after that

Latest posts