when do u get yr bus out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
Not everyone manages to store there bus away for the winter but if u do when do u get it out is it once the frosts have gone or the salts gone from the roads or do u leave it in the garage or store all the time n just get her out when needed ?

Luckily ours lives in the garage but I start it up and go for a little drive as often as possible as long as there's no salt on the road and I try and make sure it goes back dry. Can't say I've camped out in the winter though - I prob would but not with the kids! Although its not as if the summers much better :lol:

Mine will stay away untill the rain washes the salt away.
Want to get as much use out of it as poss this year as its had little use since ive had it.

Rich

Mine sadly has to live on the drive all year round. Don't use it when salt is around but otherwise take it for a run at worst once a fortnight, and once a month a real good trip to get heat all through the interior (Genuine VW heat exchangers ;, lots of heat even if they are Beetle ones....)
Any vehicle will deteriorate many times quicker if it is not used regularly and in reality there are many cold but very pleasant days during the winter when it is great to get the bus out for a run!
Would love to have dry heated storage and be more selective about when to take it out but having only got one number on Lotto this weekend means that ain't gonna happen.

got a nice big double garage with the devon project in one have the vert in the other and the bus stays round at the mother in laws nice and cosy in a shed over the winter. I have had her out a few times for weddings.

mine has to live under a JK cover in bad weather but go out in it most weekends even in winter, just like driving it, even if its just to go shoping.

I keep mine in the garage but i get it out whenever i need it, im not precious about it, its there to be used. 8)

Its my first bus only driven it once a short distance. Mechanics back in two weeks to fit new exhaust n some other bits then hopefully first proper trip out. Then hopefully the weather will start getting better and ill prob leave her in the drive most of the summer ?
Unless its really crappy n she can go back in the dry garage lol.

Drive your bus more as you can

you get too know every noise

so know when some thing is working not right

old buses need too be driven too too keep all parts supple

i think

KARL ARVID STENBERG said:
Drive your bus more as you can

you get too know every noise

so know when some thing is working not right

old buses need too be driven too too keep all parts supple

i think

Good advice - makes you feel more familiar and confident when you go on a longer run then

Mine also lives in a garage ...... Usually gets driven every Saturday and/or Sunday for a bit.

Occasionally drive it to work in the week too.

Used more often during school holidays.

every day now, even just to pick the lad up from school. like mentioned earlier ,helps to get used to him and his noises :shock: up till now lived in the garage.

I like to get mine out as often as possible.....and the Bus :lol: :lol:
Vehicles are designed to be used if you get salt off the roads on your bus just wash it off. Get a pressure washer in the arches. Im not going to live forever and i want to use my Bus as much as poss before i go.....just driving it puts a smile on my face. :mrgreen:

Mines been in the garage for the winter,with my bug. Just thinking to-day, it must be getting time to move the bug out and getting the the bus sorted for easter and big bang.

Johnny said:
got a nice big double garage with the devon project in one have the vert in the other and the bus stays round at the mother in laws nice and cosy in a shed over the winter. I have had her out a few times for weddings.
Bet your missus is over the moon you taking her mum to those weddings....;)

Latest posts