Where do I buy good quality panels?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why is 'Schofield' blanked out???? :? have EB turned into JK? :p

The only decent fit arches are NOS or cut off a rust free bus, guys like FBI do get them in occasionally but im sure theres a waiting list atm.

as far as i know schofields are the only people that suply anything repro thats half decent?

GSF do cheap panels but be warned quality isnt good on the arches and they usually only have genuine in stock which means the flared lip if they are bay arches.

I've got a GSF arch on my drivers side.

It took a fair amount of persuasion to get it to fit anywhere near the bottom of the door. Having said that, I persuaded it enough (by applying force by standing on it at different angles to bend it) to be a reasonable fit to the overall line of the bus, and around the door bottom.

Brute force and ignorance has to be used with most repro parts I'm afraid :(

they ship worldwide and it might be a good place for early style flat arches...

Also Try Mark at MCJ Imports - He had a few pairs of arches a few weeks ago - a bit pricy at £125 each though very good condition (http://www.mcjimports.co.uk)

Also try scott at VW Classics (on here) - very nice guy importing stuff from SA

Volksheaven had some at Dubfreeze but they seem to be the "left over" ones from his last shipment and not perfect (cheapish at £75 though)

As Johnny says - go for Original German rust free metal, it really is about time someone set up producing quality repair panels for EBs like you can get for splits (Autocraft, Creative eng etc)

Good luck

FS 8)

FBI have 'just' posted some cali-cuts on the For Sale section

Latest posts