Where is your hook-up fitted ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboylaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I am fitting a mains hook-up in the next few weeks and want to get ideas of where to put the hook-up socket.
I don't want to fit it onto the outside of the van for a number of reasons so am considering either the engine bay or possibly on the underside of the van. I do have belly pans fitted so would probably need to be at the rear.

Has anyone fitted in the engine bay or maybe under the battery tray (I will fit a leisure battery as well so needs space for that).

Mine is fitted in the engine bay to the left side near the leisure battery.

Here you go:

qa8egevu.jpg

Engine bay for me too..left hand side on the removable valance.
Would take a pic, but engines out and its been put out the way!
Will try to find an old pic tomorrow.

That's handy to see cos i had the same question. So once the wires go through do u have a three pin plug socket in the kick boards of the r n r bed. Is it ok to drill straight through the metal work for the wires im not going to hit the fuel tank am i or is it a bit higher

Also wanting to fit one, engine bay for me unless the law changes!, was also wondering if a zig unit can run off a 240v hook up as well as the leisure battery, if camping for a week would rather the hook up run the cd player, lights propex etc than the battery get run down,

Deano

Just install a charger which plugs into the mains but trickle chargers the leisure battery so everything else can still run off it.

Have a look at this on eBay 300819292196

Stevec said:
Deano

Just install a charger which plugs into the mains but trickle chargers the leisure battery so everything else can still run off it.

Have a look at this on eBay 300819292196
Looks like a good idea, cheers, saves me alot of messing about with the electrics

Sorry u mention the rules may change what u mean. Who sets the rules. Do u mean it could fail mot if elec hook up in wrong place

bigdeano said:
Also wanting to fit one, engine bay for me unless the law changes!, was also wondering if a zig unit can run off a 240v hook up as well as the leisure battery, if camping for a week would rather the hook up run the cd player, lights propex etc than the battery get run down,

Yes.

001-23.jpg

sparkywig said:
bigdeano said:

Yes.

001-23.jpg
How easy to set up?, would prefer to do it this way but trickle charge saves me messing with the electrics

Latest posts