Where to route cables

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_azza

Reaction score
Where do u guys run ur cables for your leisure batt into the cabin? Through the floor? Or in past fuel tank? Cheers

I've just installed a secondary fusebox in the cab. This is for radio/chargers/table light and is powered from the LB.

My LB is on the l/h/s of the engine compartment and the wire runs through the front of the engine bulkhead alongside an existing brake light cable under the van, into the pedal pan, and up through another existing hole in the front inner valance into the cab.

I was going to use plastic split conduit but I think it will be ok as it is.

HTH

lil_azza said:
Where do u guys run ur cables for your leisure batt into the cabin? Through the floor? Or in past fuel tank? Cheers

I'm about to undertake the same task, next weekend. I was going to go through the engine bulkhead (there is already a hole/grommet there on the l;lefthand side of the bus) ... I haven't exactly decided where I will bring them up through the floor but probably will run two wires one to a fuse box under the rear seat for lights and similar but heavier wire (to make up for voltage drop) just behind the drivers seat (i've a LHD bus) for running a fridge at a later date.

My LB is on the opp side to the main battery, the +ve goes across the top of the engine bay (where the lights wires run) through the same grommet as the main loom, follows the main loom and runs with it through the metal conduit up to the font, Ive gone up into the cab through another hole via a grommet and stuck a fuse box to the front panel as shown.
I managed to the get the cable through the conduit by using an old heater cable as a guide.
20150411_112301_zpseno2rocp.jpg

Latest posts