Electrical sockets

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Velgreeno, please take this the right way as I'm trying to be helpful.
Electricity is dangerous and you do seem completely lost with it. You could end up hurt or burning your bus to the ground if you aren't careful.
This is why there are regs covering mobile unit installations. If you have to flinch and fingers in ears when powering up thats not a good sign.
if you dont really understand and are not competent with electrics/wiring, do not risk a disaster.
Just a thought, but JK used to sell portable 230VAC socket board with everything mounted on it to safely use 230VAC site electric . It came with a long cable to plug in to the site hookup, just find a spot in your van and feed the cable out of the window.
Maybe get something that works independently like this, see what you use most when camping and that will give you a good idea what is needed for a proper tailored installed setup in the future.

There’s something dodgy going on with this payment section on that website.
Won’t take a bank account details.
Directs to pay pal and then other people’s email addresses appear….

There’s something dodgy going on with this payment section on that website.
Won’t take a bank account details.
Directs to pay pal and then other people’s email addresses appear….
Go Outdoors? Should be ok, but loads of places sell them do don’t risk it.

I fitted one used in caravans similar to the one Ben72Bay used above. Just bought a 2 gang socket with USB charger on. Fitted just above my rear speaker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230509_112945_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230509_112945_Facebook.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey folks. Cheers for the replies. @purpledog07 you are totally right dude. I think I'm going to definitely put all this on the back burner for a bit until i or if i actually meet some folks in person in the know about it. It is my weakest point and not at all confident with it all so its best to leave it. I have got the leisure battery in however with the split charger and thats as far as im going. I have mild autism too so it takes me a little longer to learn things so yeah im leaving it ha. Cheers once again 🤙.

Baby steps! I have serious OCD and an autistic child, so I know what you mean dude. I am a marine engineer and have been installing/fixing all sorts of electrical kit in 3 phase, 230VAC, 12 & 24VDC, european and american systems and equipment for years, still every day is a school day.
Good luck, there are plenty of good knowledgeable folks on here who will help if they can.

Permanent wires from the charger output to the leisure battery. No I can't switch the lights from the main battery.

Latest posts