Which Dropped spindles?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
canterburyfour said:
dubdubz said:
canterburyfour said:
Wolfgang International here in California is almost finished with there one piece non welded cromoly spindles for Bay Window Buses. Keep in eye on there website to see when they are available. http://www.wolfgangint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

any more info on this dude? checked out the site but couldn't see any info??

Check thier site once a week. I know there almost done at the foundry and then of to the machinist. The are hoping for under $400.00. We will see.
I emailed Steve, and he told me they will be 2.5" drop and sold outright (no exchange) for hopefully between $300-$350. He should get the first ones in a month or so, but will need to test them for a while before offering them for sale.

I have just ordered my dropped spindles with all the bits from T2D and for some reason a set of coil over shocks fell in aswell.............nice :mrgreen: so if anyone wants a set of front adjustable creative shocks, there will be some for sale soon ;)

graybum said:
canterburyfour said:
Wolfgang International here in California is almost finished with there one piece non welded cromoly spindles for Bay Window Buses. Keep in eye on there website to see when they are available. http://www.wolfgangint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check thier site once a week. I know there almost done at the foundry and then of to the machinist. The are hoping for under $400.00. We will see.
I emailed Steve, and he told me they will be 2.5" drop and sold outright (no exchange) for hopefully between $300-$350. He should get the first ones in a month or so, but will need to test them for a while before offering them for sale.

I'm looking forward to these :)

I've just emailed him to enquire if he knows whether there will be any change in the track.

Bwuttonmoon said:
stagger lee said:
i've seen other threads on vzi with problems with east coast slammers beams etc. all poor quality work, not fit for purpose, court summons, delayed refund, you name it.

the right thing to do bwutton' is to return that not fit for purpose beam to east coast wan'ers, and get your money back. if it's not too late, i.e fitted? persavear (spelling?) with creative and get your 'work of art' swopped for what you want.

you do get what you pay for, and the cheaper route often works out the most expensive?

I have already fitted the eastcoast beam and chopped it about to get it 'working' The shock mounts had no spacers welded so there was nothing to attatch them too...had to make spacers up. Phoned Creative engineering again today to have the beam swapped and will fit it in the future. I wont try to get refund from east coast slammers...seems just too much hard work. I will just spread the word to others!

Update on the East coast slammers beam..... *in my personal opinion* DO NOT BUY ONE!!! The adjusters gave way today and sent the front of the bus into the weeds! Good job i was only doing about 15mph. I re adjusted them and same thing happened. Inferior quality and will be sending it back. (good job I paid with paypal)

Note to everyone, personally i would spend the extra pennies and go with the T2D set up, these are quality parts and really the support of an English company to bring out such reliable stuff is well worth it. If its not in your budget then wait n save, its got to be worth the wait for decent workmanship. 8) Not saying that the others not as good, but thee boys seriously know what the score is and you can see there products on the top VWs around the globe :mrgreen:

easy said:
Note to everyone, personally i would spend the extra pennies and go with the T2D set up, these are quality parts and really the support of an English company to bring out such reliable stuff is well worth it. If its not in your budget then wait n save, its got to be worth the wait for decent workmanship. 8) Not saying that the others not as good, but thee boys seriously know what the score is and you can see there products on the top VWs around the globe :mrgreen:

I agree. Not only all that but the amount of R&D that goes on is really pushing things forward and results in better products available to do exactly what we want to, and very well.
Plus, buying in the UK from an established dealer means any issues can be sorted quickly and easily.

Bwuttonmoon said:
Update on the East coast slammers beam..... *in my personal opinion* DO NOT BUY ONE!!! The adjusters gave way today and sent the front of the bus into the weeds! Good job i was only doing about 15mph. I re adjusted them and same thing happened. Inferior quality and will be sending it back. (good job I paid with paypal)

Please let us now how you get on dealing with eastcoastslammers about your issues.

Please let us now how you get on dealing with eastcoastslammers about your issues.[/quote]

Have filed a paypal dispute but as of yet no reply...will keep you posted.

Bwuttonmoon said:
Please let us now how you get on dealing with eastcoastslammers about your issues.

Have filed a paypal dispute but as of yet no reply...will keep you posted.[/quote]

also would it be possible to have pictures of the offending item - someone may just think that's the way it should be!

dubdubz said:
Bwuttonmoon said:

also would it be possible to have pictures of the offending item - someone may just think that's the way it should be![/quote]

When I remove it I will take some photos...I cant get under there at the moment as its sat on the deck.

Pretty much any brake kit designed to fit a std spindle should mount on the dropped version no problem. CSP / Futbus / Ginger / VDubEngineering /Airkewld etc all do good conversions. I guess you just need to work out what bolt pattern you want and what diameter wheels you'd like to fit. WW spindles take 944 Brembos nicely but I doubt I'd get a wheel smaller than 16" on them as the lower ball joint would fould the rim as would the back of the caliper.

Bwuttonmoon said:

Fat lot of use paypal was this is the reply I got.

'We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality'

No reply to any of my emails to eastcoast cowboys.

You Live and learn :x

Bwuttonmoon said:
Bwuttonmoon said:

Fat lot of use paypal was this is the reply I got.

'We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality'

No reply to any of my emails to eastcoast cowboys.

You Live and learn :x

Rubbish. If you pay-pal via a credit card, the card company would also be liable under section 75 if the goods are of un-merchantable quality......just a thought, but worth a look here:

http://www.which.co.uk/advice/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-visa-debit-cards/index.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"PayPal and chargeback

Although payments made through online payment systems such as PayPal are not covered by section 75, they should be covered by the chargeback rules, so it's worth putting in a claim.

When you make a purchase using PayPal, your PayPal account usually takes a corresponding amount from your current account to pay for it, making it easy to track the link between a purchase and its associated payment.

However, if you tend to keep cash in your PayPal account (for example if you've sold an item recently), PayPal will use this money to pay for new purchases, rather than taking it from your bank account. This could make it more difficult to establish the link between the purchase and the payment, although it's still worth putting in a claim, for example if you've missed the eBay and PayPal complaint deadlines or you're not happy with the outcome."

Alistair

i don't think you'll have a leg to stand on now because you'd modified the item to attempt to overcome the problems/issues. hindsight is a wonderful thing, and i understand about going with it due to impaience/excitement etc. but it should have been left alone, photographed the day it arrived and proceedings for it's return/refund started. photo his rubbish workmanship and get posted on as many forums as possible, expose him for what he is.

ooh, one hting regarding paypal. i sold some camera gear on ebay and the buyer had paid, but the funds were 'held' by paypal until he had recieved said items and they were upto scratch. if o.k he released those funds. never experienced this before, but i'm not a big ebayer. but it's the way forward for paying for expensive stuff for that safety net?

stagger lee said:
i don't think you'll have a leg to stand on now because you'd modified the item to attempt to overcome the problems/issues. hindsight is a wonderful thing, and i understand about going with it due to impaience/excitement etc. but it should have been left alone, photographed the day it arrived and proceedings for it's return/refund started. photo his rubbish workmanship and get posted on as many forums as possible, expose him for what he is.

ooh, one hting regarding paypal. i sold some camera gear on ebay and the buyer had paid, but the funds were 'held' by paypal until he had recieved said items and they were upto scratch. if o.k he released those funds. never experienced this before, but i'm not a big ebayer. but it's the way forward for paying for expensive stuff for that safety net?

Yes I agree and Im not even going to persue it anymore, the lost money is worth less to me than the stress of trying to get a refund. (if anyone wants it cheap after I have removed it? maybe they have the skill to repair it. just pm me)

As for the held funds through paypal, this happens if a seller has less than 100 feedback score.

....As for the held funds through paypal, this happens if a seller has less than 100 feedback score.....

ah, i see. but must only be for sales over certain amounts. been paid small amounts instantly, but this was more pricey gear ;) .

i'm sure some one can make use of that beam, narrowing it or whatever. you are right the stress/hassle is often 'more expensive' than the renumeration.

anyway good luck with it all.

Clem said:
Bwuttonmoon said:

I think i'm right in saying this is the same guy that organises 'Van Jamboree' and a few other events??

Araon said:
mike.s said:
the transporterhaus ones sound like a good deal - anyone tried them yet/seen the quality of them?
cheers
...... now T2d unsupprisingly wont tell you there supplier as its cost them silly money on RnD but Transporterhaus might then see if you can research the company and its build quality control......

Transporterhaus have built well over 100 sets of king and link pin spindles. Every set is quality checked before it leaves but if there is an issue we have no problems in taking products back.

The same will go for the ball joint spindles.

R+D on the ball joint spindles. Transporterhaus has spent thousands on cores, trailing arms, different brand ball joints, machinery, tooling and jigs to make this product. The ball joints we finally decided to use are the same ones t2d are using. Everything is British made except for the ball joints which come from a huge company based in the USA. I'm not going to say which brand, if you want to make your own set you do the hard work us and t2d have done!

As to whether this is a copy of the t2d product? We have never seen a set of their ball joint spindles or a bus running them. Sure the end product is similar to the t2d product but the conversion has been made through our experience building the king and link pin spindles, which we developed from scratch several years ago and have produced bucket loads of.

Price. We try to keep our prices affordable because we love VWs just like our customers and we want our products out there on their VWs. Don't be surprised to the see the price of our ball joint spindles go up however. We will stick to the price we have said for the first production run.

Latest posts