which festivals/shows?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardAlexander

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia
weve been going to White noise for the past 4 years which i enjoy but as with most of these event it heavily featured SKA music and dance and variations of. im a rock guy and guitar music fan and i usually really enjoy the folk stages with artists like Tom Dibb taking the mantle and running way past midnight. this year they stopped that but putting him as a fill in artist on the main stage, what a waste.
so my real question is which shows dont feature dance and Ska, which seems to resonate through he VW scene, and cater for us Rock lovers

No dance? No ska? I dont understand .... :lol:

I guess its a case of going to multi stage events when you can pick and choose. Camper Jam has a number of choices at any one time and Camper Calling also had a spread of different music styles. Overall, I guess though that music is secondary at most of these events so choice has to be pretty generic to cover all tastes ..... hence the ska and dance I guess.

http://dubsinthemiddle.co.uk

First time we went last year. Its not a very big show but very laid back and bands on all day and night in main tent.

The music at both Alive and V Dubbin in Suffolk and Grill and Chill in Kent is normally pretty good, Tom Dibb plays both of those, there was also a pretty good band doing 90s rock and Brit-pop covers at A&VD last year, lots of decent Oasis tunes, Radiohead, etc.
I'm with you on Ska, not my bag at all, but 90's and 00's dance with a few drinks inside me is always a good shout.

ill just add to this, been Going to Volks Weald now for to years not a single ska band in site. 80's music vibe live music all day bands in the evening its really laid back and chilled too