White Westys do indeed rule!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be a pic here if not why not?

10042008370.jpg
[/img]

Oeps i excellently posted the pictures in the wrong topic.

Our since 2003

2zea00m.jpg

24fgsww.jpg

Last summer in france.
home.jpg

aogrady said:
Max Power said:
hooray who the man

010320091011.jpg

[/img]

Hi!

That's a snap! Nearly the same reg too! Though yours looks mint, mines erm, "used" ;)

IMAG0064.jpg

Where are you from?

Cheers!

Alistair
I see some of your pics on another thread and noticed the reg was similar,I am in Dover and bought the van locally.

I see some of your pics on another thread and noticed the reg was similar,I am in Dover and bought the van locally.

Hi!

My van was reg-ed at Northampton DVLA in nov 2007, i now live in Devon. Wonder if the same dvla office have the same range of plates?
Yours looks like a very clean bus indeed. Any plans for it?

Cheers!

Alistair

Not sure what is next,I have owned it 2 1/2 years, just looking foward to the summer and enjoying a few local trips in it.I have just finished putting new ball joint boots on and cleaning and painting all the bits I removed in the process,trailing arms,backplates etc.Put new shoes on the front as the osf overheated last year driving out of St Davids on our way home from a wet but lovely Pembrokeshire and showed signs of the lining cracking,this was the last part of the brake overhaul as I have already replaced rear flexis(bulging),shoes(lining came off and locked the wheel solid luckily still on drive),cyls(found weeping cyl),hb cables(starting to fray) and master cyl(would not bleed up).
I have done a fair bit over the last couple of years,started by getting the lights to uk(ish) spec the flashing stop lights confuse most people,taking out the dash scuttle panel and painted satin black and fitted a Cobra alarm/immobiliser while I could get in and run the wires easier,Took the screen out and repainted the aperture waxoled and resealed it,got hold of a few missing interior bits such as the arms that hold up the pop top,the fabled stool,the lid and hinges on the sink, still need a tap.Had a few bits chromed,wiper arms,and poles that support the tables and the bunk clips on the A and B pillars.Put the finger plates on the cab doors as the missus rings and nails cause havoc with the paintwork.Stripped and polished the louvre windows with new seal kits from go westy which I was pleased with the results.Put on the side step and 4x 185/15.
I think next in no particular order powder coat wheels,repair steering wheel (if i can get it off),change floor covering in the back,sort out the gearbox whine,the fuel gauge reads 1/4 lower than actual,the wood panel roof has slight distortion? oh and keep on waxing it.The thing with owning one of these is there is always somethig to do.It soon adds up what you have spent but it is a joy to own.Just seen the thread about your van,where were the interior light switches from?

Max Power said:
Not sure what is next,I have owned it 2 1/2 years, just looking foward to the summer and enjoying a few local trips in it.I have just finished putting new ball joint boots on and cleaning and painting all the bits I removed in the process,trailing arms,backplates etc.Put new shoes on the front as the osf overheated last year driving out of St Davids on our way home from a wet but lovely Pembrokeshire and showed signs of the lining cracking,this was the last part of the brake overhaul as I have already replaced rear flexis(bulging),shoes(lining came off and locked the wheel solid luckily still on drive),cyls(found weeping cyl),hb cables(starting to fray) and master cyl(would not bleed up).
I have done a fair bit over the last couple of years,started by getting the lights to uk(ish) spec the flashing stop lights confuse most people,taking out the dash scuttle panel and painted satin black and fitted a Cobra alarm/immobiliser while I could get in and run the wires easier,Took the screen out and repainted the aperture waxoled and resealed it,got hold of a few missing interior bits such as the arms that hold up the pop top,the fabled stool,the lid and hinges on the sink, still need a tap.Had a few bits chromed,wiper arms,and poles that support the tables and the bunk clips on the A and B pillars.Put the finger plates on the cab doors as the missus rings and nails cause havoc with the paintwork.Stripped and polished the louvre windows with new seal kits from go westy which I was pleased with the results.Put on the side step and 4x 185/15.
I think next in no particular order powder coat wheels,repair steering wheel (if i can get it off),change floor covering in the back,sort out the gearbox whine,the fuel gauge reads 1/4 lower than actual,the wood panel roof has slight distortion? oh and keep on waxing it.The thing with owning one of these is there is always somethig to do.It soon adds up what you have spent but it is a joy to own.Just seen the thread about your van,where were the interior light switches from?

Nice! Sounds like you have been busy, always something needs doing though - I've a garage full of bits to add and fix. :lol:

My roof was split a little at the front, and all the og white paint kept flaking off dust all the time, so painted on some old style surf and movie posters out of a book i bought, and stuck them up on the roof. Credit to my girlfriend for that one.

I;m not too sure where i got thee light switches from, they are a more or less replica of the og ones, i think i may well have got them from the samba. Funny enough, the original ones were inside the light, and not fixed through the holes, and worked ok, but had just lost the fixing ring, i decided to buy new ones, as one switch was a little iffy. Have a look on the samba, there are always light units on there, and maybe some caravan place has similar switches in the uk?

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts