Whitewall tyres....opinions please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foz

Reaction score
What are your views on this?
Do they only look good on standard steelies? Or just as cool on a nice polished alloy?

Not cool at all? Or only fit for splits?

Im thinking of purchasing some whitewall tyres for my bus, i think they look great! Only thing worrying me is whether they would look right fitted on a polished alloy rim.
Has anyone got any pics of their bays with whitewalls fitted....

sent via mobile phone, using that taptalk app thingy!

30aa847f.jpg

a69df443.jpg

I love my whitewalls but I do think they look best on steelies. :D

You should do whatever YOU want to do...

I think many of us, me included, worry too much about what everyone else thinks as if we are trying to conform to a template or a set of rules as if we will be banished from the club if we dare do anything different...

For the record, I don't think earlybay.com is that kind of place at all!!

If you like whitewalls, and you want them on your bus, go for it and wear them with pride! :D

hiya
as said each to there own, me personaly i like whitewalls on a classic but thats just me.

got mine from Mr Whitewalls on here he uses part worn tyres but is reasonable on costs

2011-10-03155732.jpg

cheers Peter

I think whitewalls are cool on loads of wheels. Have you checked out the stance thread to see if there are any in there? http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Me thinks it depends on type of alloys if you got blingy ones ie; highly polished or chromed, can look a bit too busy & less is more IMP. ;)
But I can talk with my highly polished newly chromed up OG hub caps with beauty rings. :mrgreen:

no76-5-2011.jpg

Didn't think they would work but they do..!

6d942d2a-2821-1ede.jpg

Regards

Mark Ritson
0844 879 7265
07545 297603
http://Www.Morecambeandwize.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As sead, its your van, its your choice :) .
Only thing i will say is, if you go for it get propper ones not those whitewall tyre flap things.
Seen them on a few busses now and they seem to end up peeling away from the tyre.

Rich

on the subject of white walls what are people opinion on these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-14-WHITE-WALL-TYRE-TRIMS-WHITEWALL-VW-CAMPER-BAY-/260928452127?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item3cc08c361f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heard mixed reviews

also found this and i know these guys are good

I had some whitewall tyre flaps on mine and they were crap i'm afraid.
The front two ripped and were hanging off and the rears discoloured and were starting to disintegrate.
Thumbs down from me !
Mr Whitewalls would be a better option i think
Just my opinion
I've put cookie cutters on now :)

yeah that what id heard im tempted to buy some mrwhitewalls paint and paint my own im pretty good with paint and have a steady hand, would like to know if anyone else has tried their paint

Would i be wrong in assuming you can buy a good quality whitewall tyre flap that maybe wouldn't split and fall off so easily? Or are they all just generally the same? Whitewall paint....anyone got any experience with this, good or bad?
I personally love whitewall, and am going ahead regardless, like people have said, its my bus etc. I was just curious as to how people felt about these, especially on a bay, more so than a splitty.
Loving the pics guys, feel free to keep them coming, and thanks for the heads up on Mr whitewall.

sent via mobile phone, using that taptalk app thingy!

Hi,
we have 2 1/4 in wide white walls ,I think they look great , but it's your bus your choice ,not sure about 60 series whites, not enough side wall for a nice wide band. personally I would avoid the trims they leak on tubeless tyres , ours came from the states.

Hi!

Kieft and Klok have these, they have cover to go over the wheel to protect the tyre, which i guess will stop the problem of the cheaper Atlas trims cutting into the sidewall, then you fit the whitewall, which is then held on with a beauty ring.

http://www.kieftenklok.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=911&category_id=53&Itemid=7&image_id=432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pictures look nice, tempted i am.......Not too sure who else does these, maybe sourced from the states, dunno?

Cheers

Alistair

Latest posts