Who legally owns the bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oslo_mark69

Reaction score
Right guys me and the misses have parted and our bus was registered in her name to protect it against my business as it could've been classed as an asset
I have the bill of sale for it in my name and I have the V5 form although it is in her name
As she is trying to play dirty just wanted to know if anyone had any advise
Cheers
Guys

SOrry to hear that mate. My understanding is that the V5 is the registered keeper and that can be different to the owner. I would think if the bill of sale is in your name you should be ok. Usual I'm not a lawyer stuff applies though!

That's my understanding too - the v5 is just the registered keeper - the owner is whoever has proof of purchase

Are you married? I'd have thought it would be classed as a joint asset if it came to it.

Get a V5 aplication form and put it in your name.
Have you never baught a car without a logbook before?
Takes a bit longer to come through as they do stolen vehicle checks.
The 1st your ex will know is when she gets a letter after the event to say the vehicle has changed hands sucsessfully.
Theres no need to fill the previous owners section in either so no need to forge signatures ;) .

Rich

sorry to hear your news ,word of advice dont ask questions on an open forum like this, ive had my hands burnt doing the same :( she was one step ahead ,i didnt think .

One other thought, if she is getting difficult there are mediation services available. A lot cheaper than going through a solicitor. They are all over the country so you should be able to find one local to you.

Sometimes having a third party offering sensible advice is all it takes.

J.

Latest posts