who uses their Bus in Winter anyway?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyvanwestybike

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
79 sunroof deluxe
I have not used mine much over the winters
and not having a usable garage I have forked out for secure storage this winter who else stashes theirs? :)

Good idea.
I've been looking to rent a garage, I found three all are too low! :cry:

How much a month is your storage?

I love driving mine in winter - they're generally very surefooted :)

DSC_2256-2_zps6a503ba8.jpg

I use mine all winter even if it is just start-up up the engine once a week while it sits on the drive. A couple of year back, I made the mistake of putting a cover over it (pro-tec) and leaving it there for a few months without even starting it. I think it did it more damage than good so make a purpose of using it all year round now.

I also regularly venture out in the bus at winter time
Throw a set of knobbly tyres on the back and away you go

Loving the Citroen SM parked next to your bus.

Before my engine nightmare this year I tried to use my bus every Friday at least for casual day at work. Some how being in casual clothes rather than shirt and tie seems more logical.

As for storage I have a council garage I pay £30 a month for, its about 1/2 a mile from my house and the bus just fits in

I always have, since my bus is usually my only car. Quite liked driving my old bus around the rural Welsh lanes in the snow, though it was a bit cold without the heat exchangers hooked-up!

Here in Spain winter should be a doddle.

Busman73 said:
I also regularly venture out in the bus at winter time
Throw a set of knobbly tyres on the back and away you go

Thats an awesome pic ;)

You UK lads crack me up with the winter thing... its like your storing a bear for a few months. Drive them :p

Mine will be under cover this winter as it doesn't drive yet, but next year will be in my local classic car storage place. About £50 a month.

Beetle is in my mates garage now for the winter

shaven said:
You UK lads crack me up with the winter thing... its like your storing a bear for a few months. Drive them :p

I wish we had your climate
Here its rain cold ice salt = rust = welding and paintshop = earache you are spending far to much on that thing :lol:

monkeyvanwestybike said:
shaven said:

I wish we had your climate
Here its rain cold ice salt = rust = welding and paintshop = earache you are spending far to much on that thing :lol:

lmao ... so true mate :p

Latest posts