why is your name...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
I'm called baron as I have a red van, so I made some vague connection about being the red baron, but never really thought it through properly

it works ok for vw forums (where i started foruming) but seems a bit weird on many of the other fora i go on, but i stuck with it even so

why is your name?

My best mate just calls everybody Scampi and when I started foruming it was just the first thing that came to my head.

Nothing to do with the fact I am a chef although it is a coincidence! :p

easy comes from my last name and everybody calls me Ez in the real world, even my mum, nan and my bosses!.

I am horribly chilled about everthing aswell so most people think its cos im so relaxed, but its actually from me last name which is........ well that would be telling :wink:

my first name is kerry but everyone calls me kel and the first 3 letters of my sirname are can not very cool but thats how i got kelcan :)

I used to have a 2CV... :wink:

And in the same way I'm now surrounded by various VWs and travel to meets on a regular basis, so I used to be surrounded by Citroen's aircooled finest, and travelled all over (including World meets) with my very active local club.
Still have my favourite 2CV (Albert), and one day I might get around to restoring him...I'll do the Beetle first though :lol:

my real name is not olance but lawrence and along the way somehow in the early hours of a long long messy weekend the name changed slightly.

Clem is the first bit of my surname and is my nickname, Im happy to be called it in person. :)

i was building my first bug (abandond project), it was going to be a cal look street and strip bug painted black with tinted windows and a big white circle on the back corner with an 8 in it (will do it one day still got the vinyl 8 logo) this plan is copyrighted :D

Justin is ME and Mutley is our bus (I don't agree with naming buses but my wife insisted!) - Hence Justin & Mutley; do I win a prize for the most boring name/explanation?
;)

Think mine speaks for itself!!!, i even cook me own tikka masala in the bus at the shows, i go easy on the chilli though, dodgy toilets lol!!! :twisted: :twisted:

our first aircooled was a bettle and it got called dbug now we have dbus and dkids are all grown up.....get it :roll:

also go by the name of bigdub, which was given to me by the guys in the garage, something to do with being 6'4" and 20 stone me thinks

the CHR has nothing to do with my real name

it's a littel bit a comlicated story.

i'm from switzerland and i go often to croatia. i met there a lot of nice guys when i visited a aircooled-meeting some years ago.

now, some start to tell, i'm so often in croatia, that i'm allready a half croatien.

the country code for switzerland is CH,
and for croatia it's HR

CH + HR = CHR :idea:

that's how it came to this strange name :)

That's creative for sure!
I'm now embarassed that my explanation was so lame - if you guys want me to remove it (if nothing else it may stop you falling asleep!) I will.
;)

My initials are SPD, which was the abbriviation for Speed and the Man bit co i'm a bloke, now its usually shortened to Speedy :wink:

I was introduced to one of the company directors when I first started my new job by a mate from our VW club who I work with, now the director calls me Speedy as well :oops:

well my name is Rob

and mysurname is Stone

I couldnt think of anything better when i signed up!

Rustydiver, because my bus is RUSTY and i enjoy SCUBA diving.

How rusty the bus is, i recon that the bus used to scuba dive in the past.

always loved kustoms (with a K) and hot rods as well as vws and they have to be slammed...... although im gaining more ground clearence as i get older! :oops:

My favourite time-wasters are aircooled VW's. Good enough? :wink:

BTW, my son is called Tijmen, but my (aircooled) friends like to call him "AirTijmen". 8)

Latest posts