Wild Camping

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjknight71

Reaction score
...whilst sat relaxing one morning by the bus in the camper field of The End of The Road Festival :mrgreen: , a chap came up to ask about interest in wild camping and his new web site :shock: ......

......the irony being the two girls I was with had just been discussing the merits of gas hair curlers whilst camping and wondering if gas hair straightners existed :msn4: .........

...anyway I took his card, he said he needs a few more people before magazines will take interest. the idea is people advertise places they have found to wild camp, the others can search by locallity etc.

http://www.camperstar.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The problem I forsee with this idea is that when wild camping spots are published for all to see they will rapidly become over used. As a result they will be closed down or blocked off especially since not all campers stick to the rule of "take only photos and leave only footprints".

For this reason I would never use such a site to find places and would under no circumstances post any places I found.

Sorry but IMO its just a plain bad idea.

This happened in Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast. For years campers had been tolerated on the sea front going down to the shingle spit, right up until it was publicised in a motorhome magazine. What followed was as you can imagine, the entire area jammed with modern 30ft monsters.

The council stopped it soon after.

There is a already a wild camping for motorhomes forum.
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trikky2 said:
The problem I forsee with this idea is that when wild camping spots are published for all to see they will rapidly become over used. As a result they will be closed down or blocked off especially since not all campers stick to the rule of "take only photos and leave only footprints".

For this reason I would never use such a site to find places and would under no circumstances post any places I found.

Sorry but IMO its just a plain bad idea.

AGREED, :evil: Advertising Wild Camping spots just ruin it for those that spend the time and effort locating them, these kind of things are best passed about by word of mouth. Think if the locally travellers were to read the info and move in ;)

REALLY bad plan as said above all that will happen is they will get over run and wild camping will be banned as it has in many counties!

There is a bit of an irony in planning a trip to a wild camping location, isnt there? ;)

Clem said:
There is a bit of an irony in planning a trip to a wild camping location, isnt there? ;)

not sure, but think there is with a mystery tour :mrgreen:

good mixed feelings above...........dogging anyone :lol:

on a completely different note....does anyone know what the cool font is called that they have used?

Latest posts