Will standard shocks still fit after dropping 2 splines

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remon T2a

Reaction score
I am busy right now lowering my van and want Mot before half of september zo lowering the back low budget 2 splines. But wil my standard shocks still fit then?

I ran my bus with a 2 spline drop with standard shocks for a good few years and yes they do tend to bottom out quite a bit , especially when loaded , but mot bloke was never bothered about it. Stiffer shorter shocks are better though as changed to these when the stock shocks finally gave in and they are much better :)

Mine is lowered equivalent of 2 splines with adjustable spring plates. Botomed out so fitted stock front bay shocks on back.
Perfect ever since.

I'm on horse shoe plates I bottom out sometimes what stiffer shock do people use ??
Sorry about the hijack thing!!

what should be done is to remove your shocks, have all the weight in the van (interior,engine,gearbox etc) and then measure between the ecntre of the top and bottom shock bolt hole, this gives you a centre emasurement you want to fit in the range of travel of the shock you purchase.

Latest posts