Window frame query.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currylager

Reaction score
I recently removed the rear side window on my bus to carry out some welding repairs. The window on my bus has a quaterlight type assembly which allows a small section of the window to opened as a vent, unfortuntely the quarterlight frame was that rotten it fell apart in my hands. What are my chances of realistically getting a replacement frame and seal for this type of window?. I have a feeling i might have to make do with a standard rear sideglass and seal as a compromise. Advise anyone please??

I was just having a look at Status VW's catalogue and it looks like they do the seals for the fixed 3/4 window and the and opening side 1/4 light seal but im not too sure if they include the frames :? i would email them ([email protected]) to find out

most of the major spares shops will have the rubber but you'll need a good second hand frame from somewhere like - schofields, volksheaven, fbi, rcc import etc etc.

Thanks fellas, it would be nice if i could obtain a frame somewhere, perhaps Dubfreeze will come up with something, if i can get the seals then that's half the battle!. All i need now is for the rain to lay off so i can carry on with the welding!. I promise i will get some pics of this project for you soon.

Regards,

James

seals are 6 & 7 -

http://www.vwheritage.com/publicRouter.cfm/loadPage/203/?cftoken=24328596&cfid=3742326

fbi had some in a few months ago, not bad condition for £25. Needed new seals and a bit of a rub down but very good deluxe versions for the price. New seals as already stated get from vwheritage. Availability varies throughout the year, last year i noticed a some shows there were loads then at others you wouldn't see any.

Thanks for that info, i believe the seals arent cheap either, so if i dont get the frame either i can always opt for standard glass until one turns up. I would like to have the van road legal by mid 2007, i doubt it will be habitable, i also have a 74 Bay and plan to use that one until i can get the 68 bay sorted.

Latest posts