Window Lifter Mechs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProfessorWheeto

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some good quality window lifter mechanisms?

Got one for GSF and its utter shit. Holes don't line up and the splines aren't the right size making it impossible to fit window winder handles, tried both stock and aftermarket winders and they just don't fit. Can't believe how shite the mech actually is! So if anyone knows who sells any good ones that'd be great! Failing that I'll be ringing the breakers.
After a wiper motor too if anyone knows a good source for a new one but have already assumed I'll be taking a punt on one from a breaker.

think i got mine a couple of years ago from JK....but think it was VW Brazil one which would be the same as GSF :? ...dont remember any issues :mrgreen:

Ah the one I got wasn't VW marked in anyway, just some no name pattern part. I've only left it on the van cause I managed (with help) to get the window up and its holding it in place!

I just got one from GSF. The splines seemed to fit. But the holes didn't line up until I sawed half an inch off the bottom of the lifting bit. Then it was ok. But I agree the quality is not there - the bracket that holds the lifter channel to the springy bit looks very weak, with a couple of pop rivets to hold it on. Gonna look into welding the original just in case.

Got mine from Vanfest last year, NOS. Have still yet to fit it until I have a free 3hours!!!

Just had to change one on mine heritage have them but not off side had to get one from jk it's ok ish but the handle keeps coming un done and slipping so will change at somepoint

Latest posts