Windscreen help.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakey

Reaction score
I noticed madman is after a winscreen in for sale & wanted.
I too will be needing one in the not to distant future, but I have heard that new replacement screens are bigger than the original fitted.. :?: :?:
Is this true? and if so what is the fit like on a new replacement screen.

Or is it better to source a good 2nd hand one.

Like an idiot I didn't remove any of my glass before the angle grinder came out, all of it's nailed.. :oops:

I have never heard that, but a good 2nd hand one would save cash , but make sure you get the best quality rubber, makes fitting and sealing far easier.

a new one would cost you about £80 suply only, from your local glass company,mabee cheeper

I got a 'second hand' one off ebay. Turned out to be Danbury (with a different username), who are near Bristol. If a punter wants a heated one, they take the original out and sell it. Got mine for £40 - I think they've been asking a bit more recently. Interesting to see a yard full of brand spanking new Bays, even if they are the **** Brazilian ones.

I had a qoute from national windscreens it was around £90 fitted.
And yes the replacement screens are about 8mm taller and with new rubbers its a bit of a tight fit. :x

Might try and get an OG one then if that's possible, as the new front panel isn't too far off from a windscreen trial fit.

Cheers guys,
Snakey

Latest posts