72 indicator stalk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinvw

Reaction score
Hi,
Managed to snap my indicator stalk switch, so on the hunt for a replacement, but heard they are like unicorn pooh.
I've just taken a punt (ordered one) from car builder.com and will try and retro fit on the van.

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/heavy...MIlLCk7eWg9gIVQ-7tCh2CcAePEAQYASABEgIQ4_D_BwE
Question is, my original only had 5 wires for indicator / dipped/high beam and this has a allot more.
The horn I can probably work out (and what joy to have it on the end of my stalk :) ), but the others have additional wires for permanent feed etc.

Anyone else tried (successfully) to retrofit one of these type of switches on a VW T2 ?

Help would be appreciated.

How did you get on with this? I have the same issue, and NOS/OEM replacements seem to be like hen's teeth. Been looking at this repro version from BBT, but it seems like megabucks. Keen to know if the one you got from carbuilder.com was a success or not before I bite the bullet.