windscreen wiper - one stopped working

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubus

Reaction score
Hello there,

I've had one wiper stop working, the left one - the other is going fine. The one that's stopped working is not sitting right on the windscreen either, it's a bit lower than the usual 'off' position. The arm isn't broken, the spring is still there and it has full range of movement. Before I start prodding around any thoughts? Knackered spindle? Dirty/dried out grease? It can't be fuse or motor as it's just one, right?

She's a '71 Devon Moonraker.

Many thanks

I know this sounds simple and I don’t wish to offend. Have you tightened the nut. If so I would look under the dash to see what has come loose. If one side is working then the motor is fine it can only be a loose mechanical connection

Whip the wiper arm off and see if the spindle is moving back and forth. If not, I’d hazard a guess that the spindle has cracked the spot weld on it’s arm, as they’re pretty common to fail there if there is corrosion and therefore resistance in the spindle sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts