Wiper problems

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baycrazy

Reaction score
Hi there,my wipers don,t park,both speeds work but its really annoying trying to judge when to switch em off,Ive had a look and found the power wire to the slip contacts was dissconnected at the switch,after removing the switch(to gain access)found it was taped up(ie been disconnented)After re-connection they now park but in the middle of the screen?Obviously if i put the arms on lower they would wipe down my front panel before coming back and doing the bottom of the screen :x
Anyone had there wipers parking in the wrong place,or know if there is a fix for this,many thanks Paul

Answer found:
There are contacts in the wiper motor cover that govern where it parks. Chances are that a previous reassembly put the cover on wrong and that the guilty party disconnected the park wire from the switch rather than fix the error.

The cover can be set by rotating it so the motor parks the wipers at the bottom of their stroke on the screen.

thanks again Trikky2 ;)

Latest posts