Would these fit on an early bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles

Reaction score
I know they are advertised for a bay window, but the van in the picture looks like a crossover model.

I'm quite interested but have had clearance problems before when trying to fit wide wheels on the rear of my van

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170078119377&rd=1&rd=1

No, the PCD is fine. Mine is a '71 and has 5x112 studs on it. What I'm concerned about is the width under the rear arches

Sorry you didnt say you had a cross over model you just said will these fit an Early Bay. If the bus in the advert is also a cross over i cant see a fitting problem. Ask the seller if he had too make any adjustments to get them to fit?

Mine isnt a crossover model...it has rounded air vents and small rear lights, but it also has 5x112 PCD wheels and has disks up front.

Sometimes I wish it did have wide 5's on it...i would have more choice of alloys to choose from!

Nice one mate, a friend had one of those till he got bit by the split bus bug. You can get most styles of alloy in the smaller fitment. (BRMs, Wide5 etc) and a whole load of others that arent made for wide5.
Saw a fella on ebay selling a book with a list of all the wheels that fit your bus for about £2, which might be a good buy for you.

Miles said:
Sometimes I wish it did have wide 5's on it...i would have more choice of alloys to choose from!

There's way more 5x112 alloys out there than 5x205, cos loads more cars have that PCD. If you're searching through eBay look for Mercedes, Audi or Passat alloys, it'll turn up loads of wheels that can be easily fitted. :)

The pcd 112 was first fitted to the 71 models. Lots of other wheels fit it. You may run into problems with the wheel studs but that can be overcome. I have read the Toyota Lancruiser studs will fit and are longer. I have not got the proof of that so do some measuring before spending any money.
The problem with the VW studs is they are 14mm wide, but quite short. Another problem with the replacement wheels can be the offset, so give that a bit of research as well.
My wheels fit under the wheel arches quire nicely. I do have a problem though, and that is I have to put them on deflated and inflate them once I have them fitted.
I've got 16inch rims and will get that sorted with a lower profile tyre. I don't worry too much as I am only going to take a rear wheel off in the workshop. If I have to do it on the side of the road it will be because of a flat anyway. I have a nice skinny spare for that event.

lobus, over here longer studs are easy to get from places like MWS at around £2 each.
and they fit straight in, i know you had a bit of trouble with yours. :D

No worries, I was just worried that the wheels would be fitted with the shorter studs. Didn't want anyone getting killed for the sake of some bling!

Latest posts