Xmas gifts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to run either paraffin, heating oil, or red diesel in the bus, but I will experiment a bit with different mixes for heating the summer house, maybe a good way to get rid of my waste oil perhaps.

Yesterday after finishing the install on my summer house, it was about -5c inside and I let the heater run for an hour or so, it got to it to about 12c before I shut it off, which is not very quick. I think I'll buy a 5Kw for the summer house and relocate this 2Kw to the bus as was originally intended.

I plan to run either paraffin, heating oil, or red diesel in the bus, but I will experiment a bit with different mixes for heating the summer house, maybe a good way to get rid of my waste oil perhaps.

Yesterday after finishing the install on my summer house, it was about -5c inside and I let the heater run for an hour or so, it got to it to about 12c before I shut it off, which is not very quick. I think I'll buy a 5Kw for the summer house and relocate this 2Kw to the bus as was originally intended.
Curious is there much size difference between the 5kw and the 2kw?

Thanks

Physically the 5Kw units are a few centimeters longer and a bit wider and taller (can't say exactly how much though, sorry).

Curious is there much size difference between the 5kw and the 2kw?

Thanks
According to the manual i got with my CDH, 5kw length = 376mm, 2kw = 326mm. The outlet hose diameter is 75mm on 5kw, 60mm dia on 2kw.
The 5kw is 150mm high and 140mm wide. No body dims given for 2kw. Hope this helps.

According to the manual i got with my CDH, 5kw length = 376mm, 2kw = 326mm. The outlet hose diameter is 75mm on 5kw, 60mm dia on 2kw.
The 5kw is 150mm high and 140mm wide. No body dims given for 2kw. Hope this helps.
Update!, just noticed, the manual reckons height and width on 2kw and 5kw are the same. I've never seen a true 2kw so can't verify that.

I have a 5kw fitted under the bus, it’s then piped into the front section of the original heater pipe to allow use of the original totem pole as we only use this as a heat source when we are on the move.

Initially we were just drawing fresh air in from under the van, but I have since changed it to drawer air from inside the van under the rock n roll bed, as a result it heats up quicker and runs comfortably on a lower setting. Fuel tank is a slim 10L container that sits behind our portaloo in the buddy seat location.

Never thought about other / alternative fuel, so interested to see how folk get on with red diesel or paraffin.

Best £90 we spent on the van for de-misting and warm feet. We have a carbon monoxide sensor up front too 👍

Never thought about other / alternative fuel, so interested to see how folk get on with red diesel or paraffin.
Either of these is just fine and won't give you any issues. Though diesels in particular are quite dirty compared to paraffin/kerosene/heating oil, so if you mostly run diesel you ought to run a tank of kerosene through it occasionally to help clean the insides.
Where the benefits of alternative fuels come from, is being able to burn waste vegetable oil, waste engine oil, brake fluid, mineral spirits, etc. These need experimentation (and much has been done, there's loads of YT videos on it) to find out if it works for you.

I have a 5kw fitted under the bus, it’s then piped into the front section of the original heater pipe to allow use of the original totem pole as we only use this as a heat source when we are on the move.

Initially we were just drawing fresh air in from under the van, but I have since changed it to drawer air from inside the van under the rock n roll bed, as a result it heats up quicker and runs comfortably on a lower setting. Fuel tank is a slim 10L container that sits behind our portaloo in the buddy seat location.

Best £90 we spent on the van for de-misting and warm feet. We have a carbon monoxide sensor up front too 👍
Can I ask where you mounted it under the van? Do you have and pics?

I run kerosene in mine and it works well. 2kw is more than enough for a wee van like ours.

Also out of interest how noisey are the diesel heaters when running.

As my propex is a pain in the butt makes bus rumble!, It's like the motors runnnnning.

A lot quieter slung under the van, but you do need the silencer attachment on the end of the exhaust. This pic was before I piped the air intake to under the rock n roll bed. I also fitted a L shaped splash guard to protect from the elements that works well.

629E305B-E63E-45BA-9063-A3B72B19F5C2.jpeg

When I visit that page, I keep getting redirected to Aliexpress.ru. I don't speak russian and there's no control on that page to change it to English!
Damn web-developers. More brains than sense...

When I visit that page, I keep getting redirected to Aliexpress.ru. I don't speak russian and there's no control on that page to change it to English!
Damn web-developers. More brains than sense...
I've changed the link, try again.

I already tried going direct to aliexpress.com, same outcome. The only thing that worked was opening it in incognito mode, which means it cant read my cookies for a start, so it cant try to determine what nationality I'm not.

PICTURE HEAVY SORRY.

1671479439233.png
1671479466889.png
1671479500535.png
1671479538056.png
1671479574622.png
1671479608570.png
1671479667184.png

These are the only pic's I have of my PROPEX install. Used a galvanised tray to mount it in and at the back between the chassis rails.
Cut into the main air tube and used a Y piece so as to maintain the standard warm air system.

Below is the butterfly system to keep the bus's warm air from entering the propex system. Manually changeable when needed.
Air is presently ducted from outside , but will be ducted from inside to assist heating this summer.

1671480335867.png
1671480389602.png
1671480428992.png

J & P
:D:D:D

The Lavender Pro show a pic of a 10ltr tank but not listed in the product list so unsure if it comes with a fuel tank ??
any ideas ?

Latest posts