• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yellow headlight covers?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobo

Reaction score
Hi All,

As it states above im looking for some yellow headlight covers for my bay in good condition. If you have them then get in touch

Cheers Hobo

you dont see them forsale that offten, i was looking for ages & the ones that were for sale were like £35
keep an eye out on ebay thats were i got mine in the end :)

I got stickers if you're interested...

2297852311.2.jpg

I put it on my bus.
Funny... ;)

hobo said:
Hi All,

As it states above im looking for some yellow headlight covers for my bay in good condition. If you have them then get in touch

Cheers Hobo

I have a matching pair of Lucas, 7inch, circular, yellow plastic beam deflectors (i.e. beam converters, for driving in Europe - France), in good condition, but I think one or two of the elasticated retaining clips, might be missing.

Keep a eye on eBay I bought a pair of og ones for £15

Hi Guys,
Cheers for the replys. I have sent a pm to mat as i think the whole light would be better than covers but if i cant get them then ill be in contact naskeet and see how much you would like for the covers and how you would go about fitting the covers?

ooro i had a look and unfortunately the covers that are on offer have a crack in them which would niggle at me a bit but thanks for the info keep it comming.

Thanks all
Hobo :D

Just had a look on e-bay and you get a film for this cheap too so think ill try that see what like it is. Then sit it out until a set of yellow headlights come up. If the film tears tho ill be back on the look fo rcovers or headlights.

Thanks all
Hobo

hobo said:
Just had a look on e-bay and you get a film for this cheap too so think ill try that see what like it is. Then sit it out until a set of yellow headlights come up. If the film tears tho ill be back on the look fo rcovers or headlights.

Thanks all
Hobo

Once upon a time, before the French shunned yellow headlamps and adopted white headlamps, like the rest of the World, one could also obtain a form of transparent yellow fluid, which was painted onto the glass headlamp lens, using a small integral brush.

I think you might discover, that French registered, 1968~73 & 1974~79 VW Type 2s, actually used yellow-envelope light-bulbs; which were available as either 45/40W glass-envelope bulbs, with P45t mounting flanges, or 60/55W quartz-halogen bulbs, with P43t mounting flanges. There might also have been, substitute 60/55W quartz-halogen bulbs, with P45t mounting flanges.

338649.jpg

Latest posts