You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homer_sweet_can.gif

Out of interest, when the bus is sat on the ground (i.e. the chassis on the ground) how far into the wheel arch will the wheel sit? from that last pic it looks like the spring plate is a lot lower than the bottom the the tyre(tire) implying that you wont be able to get quite as much tucking of the wheel?

Haveacamper said:
Out of interest, when the bus is sat on the ground (i.e. the chassis on the ground) how far into the wheel arch will the wheel sit? from that last pic it looks like the spring plate is a lot lower than the bottom the the tyre(tire) implying that you wont be able to get quite as much tucking of the wheel?

Hello,

The tuck will be half a wheel when the torsion hits the ground* :p The fuchs have 185/65 and the Porsche le Mans have 195/65 so thats a few mm extra. In the photo it looks like the torsion is lower then the wheel but it's the angel of the photo 8). Greets mycha

* it's damn low :lol:

This weekend i put her on the ground en tested the rear bag. Work in progress, just one bag and no engine and gearbox, getting there 8)

action movie :p

Greetings from Holland, mycha

Awesome thread can't wait to read it all thanks for.the link.

Thanks all :D

Oeps 8) the beam is on the ground and still needs to be 2cm lower for a level stance with the rear :oops: so thinking of a beam raise or going link-pin style (and beam raise :msn4:) Anyone over here experience with link-pin style whats the ride quality?

Much extra work…. the Ridetech shocks are hitting the rack-and-pinion setup… so need to place it 3cm back!!!
Also started on the tubs, really love the trailerqueen tubs, they fit great, ordered some custom ones to go with my low stance…. 40mm high instead of 30mm. Because of my Recaro seats (very low profile) i’m only going up 19mm. Trying to place the seat rail next to the seat than i’m even level with the original hight :msn4: .

Greetz from Holland, mycha

I've done a 1" beam raise on my Sierra 71. From the research I did before embarking on the raise is you go 1" or go big because you run into too many problems with shift linkage, heater cables, steering etc. I had side plates that accommodated the 1" raise rather than molesting my frame. I believe Rob B on here did a link pin beam raise on his 72.

squareweave said:
I've done a 1" beam raise on my Sierra 71. From the research I did before embarking on the raise is you go 1" or go big because you run into too many problems with shift linkage, heater cables, steering etc. I had side plates that accommodated the 1" raise rather than molesting my frame. I believe Rob B on here did a link pin beam raise on his 72.

Thanks for your reply, already watched your photo's and those from Rob ;)
Rob has link-pin + raise, thast around 6,5cm higher low tube in compere with ball-joint, thinking that's the way 8) for my low-westy.....
Only problem is have to start allover, just build a new beam :p

Well hey , i vave a nice beam for sale for someone :p with some cool modifications!!!

Made my mind up :p ball-joint beam will be up for sale! Going link-pin-style, 63-67 spindels and arms are bought.
Starting on a beam raise (3cm) with the link-pin tube 3,5cm higher than the ball-joint beam will gain 6,5cm clearance :msn4:

Greetings from holland

Hello Mycha

I would expect you have taken your measurements already, but i had trouble with the steering rack due to K&L. Because the bottom tube is higher up the rod wouldn't pass straight through the beam, hopefully the 3.5cm lift will make the rod pass under the beam.

Darius

Latest posts