• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

You need to buy my Beetle. It's ACE! *PRICE DROP TO £2750*

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire3500

Reaction score
Keeping my van and both Beetles on the road is taking up too much time and so the one that isn't tax exempt has to go... I used this one as my daily all last year but have bought a small diesel hatch for economy now, and so I'm slightly drowning in cars.

Without further ado...

1976 LHD Italian import (brought in to the UK in 2004) Beetle in Lofoten Green with Riviera alloys, a 1600 TP motor running dual baby Dells... very low, quite well known and a fantastic head-turner everywhere he goes. Taxed and Tested until July 2013.

Post wash in the sun by iancleary, on Flickr

Clean bug by iancleary, on Flickr

Hoovered and fresh by iancleary, on Flickr

Snug in the back by iancleary, on Flickr

Shifting by iancleary, on Flickr

Looks good, eh?

Well nothing is perfect, and so here's a list of what currently needs doing. If it sells quickly then it'll still need these things doing. If it sells slowly then I'll get through the "to do" list and the price will rise accordingly:

Body & Paint:

• NSF wing rusted behind gravel guard
  • OSF wing paint cracked behind gravel guard
  • Rust bubble below filler flap
  • Bonnet has a stone chip that has surface rust
  • Bubbling on NSF quarter near chrome trim
  • Bubbling on NSR quarter near chrome trim
  • Some slight bubbling on rear valance
  • Brazilian rear bumper has some pitting (original bumper included in sale)
  • Front bumper is slightly twisted (new Brazilian bumper included in sale)

Interior:

• Slight fraying on piping on driver seat
  • Headlining come unglued on rear window
Mechanical:

Front beam bushes need replacing (parts supplied)
NSF brake flex needs replacing (both sides parts supplied)
Speedo cable needs replacing (haven't got one yet)
VDO temperature gauge sender needs replacing (haven't got one yet)
Carbs need cleaning - idle circuit is dirty and it is very lumpy at idle and has a bit of a flat spot... it's the R/H carb so not running on number on at idle.. :(

Some of you may recall that when I acquired the car in December 2011 it was in need of some welding. This was done by Baz's Welding Services and comprised some heater channel repairs done locally to a very high standard. Other than that it's unwelded.

So how much is this one going to cost you? I could use a reasonably quick sale and so I'm going to offer him as he stands for was £3,000 now £2750. Yes there is some mechanical work and some (small) remedial paintwork required. I'd advise you to come, have a cuppa and a good poke around and see what you feel.

You will struggle to find a more eyecatching and cool looking Beetle for sale in the UK. He's always getting attention and comments and is a damned fine car.

With the mechanical, trim and paint sorted by the summer I'll be asking £4,500. There's about £1,000 of work required there (mostly the paint - I had a quote from a local bodyshop for £950 to sort out the blebs and to get him up to snuff, give a machine polish etc.). If funds don't run to sorting him out this year I'll seek storage and pull him out when I get all rosy tinted about how ace he is.

Car is located in North Lincolnshire and you can reach me at [email protected]

Wow. I built this originally. Great car, great colour! I'll take it :D

Latest posts