Your kitchen units

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. Well I'm on one again. Theres a suprise ha. Could I be a cheeky and see some pics of your kitchen unit pods in your buses ? I need inspiration. I want a single kitchen pod that functions good. Plus where did you get yours from or is yours original ? Cheers 🤙.

I built ours from 5/8" baltic birch plywood and laminated the white arborite
sink with 8 gallons storage and fridge, we went with a Jetboil 2 burner folding stove so we can cook inside or out.
our diesel heater is in the bottom of the cabinet behind the passenger seat, the rest is storage
2523259.jpg
2464214.jpg

2477660.jpg

2520109.jpg

Cheers for the replies so far folks. Definitely getting ideas flowing. I'm now thinking along the lines of what you got @sunnyside. That would be ideal in an L shape with an extra draw maybe. Also I'm thinking on the passenger side behind the front passenger seat by the sliding door having a buddy seat with storage in that. I'm thinking cheeky storage, more space and maximum usage for what i need. Hmmm 🤔. 🤙.

Cheers for the replies so far folks. Definitely getting ideas flowing. I'm now thinking along the lines of what you got @sunnyside. That would be ideal in an L shape with an extra draw maybe. Also I'm thinking on the passenger side behind the front passenger seat by the sliding door having a buddy seat with storage in that. I'm thinking cheeky storage, more space and maximum usage for what i need. Hmmm 🤔. 🤙.
They also make the same unit with the fridge on the L/H side which would work for RHD vans. If you do go for this, just check how far out your rock and roll bed comes. Mine is the standard Westy bed but I had to take about 10mm off the seat cushion to get it to fit without touching the unit when the bed is out.

They also make the same unit with the fridge on the L/H side which would work for RHD vans. If you do go for this, just check how far out your rock and roll bed comes. Mine is the standard Westy bed but I had to take about 10mm off the seat cushion to get it to fit without touching the unit when the bed is out.
Ohh that's good to know cheers dude. Do you know what I was literally thinking about will it clear my bed. I think it will but i will have to check the measurements again. I got my bed/seat years ago and i cant remember the life of me what the company was called. We shall see tomorrow. 🤙

Well i did measurements earlier and i can have length ways maximum of 35 inches. I see what you mean mean now @sunnyside because those units from that company are 3 inches.longer. il have to think ha 🤙.

Another angle, just throwing ideas out there, I went a bit more minimalist. 2 adults, 2 kids so needed function.
Fridge ( coolbox) housed under a day seat, to the right fits a Coleman petrol cooker which we use outside in the awning kitchen area or just outside if it's nice.

Without the awning ( actually an inflatable 8 man tent, kids being older they sleep in there now) we have a shower curtain that attaches to the side of the campervan using the figure of 8 clips and 2 tent poles. Sounds a bit lame but it's actually really good as quick shelter if needed.

I wasn't keen on water/washing up inside or cooking inside so a couple of bowls for washing up travel with us. It's worked brilliantly. Have toilet inside ( kids so it's a must) .
Made with ply and sealed with ronseal diamond seal.

IMG_20240803_135529.jpgIMG_20240803_135523.jpgIMG_20240803_135623.jpgIMG_20240803_135638.jpg
IMG_20240803_120037.jpg
Currently holidaying Skern near Bideford, Devon
Pg

Some interesting ideas here.
Mine has the complete original Westy interior and I dont like it one bit, its far too cramped.
I will probably remove the lot and maybe go with just a single pod like sunnyside's, a fridge is a must have :LOL:

Well i did measurements earlier and i can have length ways maximum of 35 inches. I see what you mean mean now @sunnyside because those units from that company are 3 inches.longer. il have to think ha 🤙.
I’ve just measured mine and it is 32.5 inches wide so should fit your space no problem 👍

I’ve just measured mine and it is 32.5 inches wide so should fit your space no problem 👍
Oh right that's cool. Its the green L shape one i was looking. Good to know it is shorter though. 🤙.

Well folks. I think i have decided I'm going to design and make my own Kitchen unit because the ones on the market are not quite there for.me unless I'm being a fussy bleep ha. In designing right now. Got a rough idea what I'm going to make but we shall see how it does ha. Hopefully be multifunctional with cool box space, draws, cooker space etc I'm also looking at potentially making a buddy seat too with a draw in it maybe. We shall see 🤙.

This is mine, its a devon interior made out of 3 far gone interiors to make one decent one, the cooker unit took the longest to make good out of 3 different ones, but all original cooker in there and hear shroud. The seat is used for storage and of course sitting on, but is fully removable if needed :)

Attachments

• IMG_4515.JPG
    IMG_4515.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Ours is a flatpack by Evo Design. Quality is excellent. They cater for allsorts of vans but a couple aimed at T2 bays found in the flatpack section of their site.
Ours is walkthrough, but they do a good unit goes against the non-walkthrough bulkhead too.s-l1600 (11).png

Latest posts