z bed hinges and camper types

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stagger lee

Reaction score
kept this away from the hinge ordering threads etc, didn't think it belonged, but salutations to dd' for seeing it through. anyway.

just come across these hinges. they look really good. love the way it gives you the ability to have a factory rear seat that converts to a bed. my panels crying out for somehting like this.

one thing though, on camper based vehicles how are people dealing with the front face board? what i mean there, is the verticle plank below the front of the actual seat. does that make sense?

i see that as the seat frame moves forward to allow the backrest top drop. the facia board would have to be removed or attached to the seat frames, so it moves forward too? is this what people are doing? i see it would also be raised, no biggy.

what about storage under the seat. i figure the seat base cannot be lifted up to allow access under the seat? what are people doing here? having doors in the front of the facia board? or just losing the space?

love the look, wondering what the trade-offs are?
cheers.

dd', go for it. it's all your work threads i've been reading etc. i'm hoping people that have bought hinges off you share their installation experiences. not from a hinge fitment aspect, but how they went about the facia board and storage to retain as much simplicity and storage practicality as possible be it lots or none. i see in a bus, no worries you can leave it all open at the bottom/under the seat as it would be anyway. but fitted interiors and how it well it works with them is what i'm interested in.

glad i saw it all. was thinking of getting a r'n'r to refit my current ply-board paraphenalia jigsaw of a rear seat/bed. works fine, but bit of a krypton factor to set up. not so sure now. love the look of stock seats in the back.

I've been meaning to refit my kick panel back to the seat but haven't got round to it yet!
I'm eventually going to refit it with a hinge so you can lift it to store things under or speakers!
One of our customers has fitted speakers an amp n two sockets under his rear bench seat which works well as long as it's not near the moving parts it's ok!

Hope this helps dude n if you decide u want some hinges I've got 6 sets ready!

Cheers

DD

hiya, yeah kick panel bolted to lower seat frame/legs, but hinged sounds good. under my seat area is leisure battery, small gas bottle for the fridge and tools/spares. so it's not an area i need to access frequently.

i see that space would be compromised due to the hinges and even securing of stuff, so when the seat moves forward it doesn't all landslide in. but if you want the feature, this is what you have to live with/sort out?

well it's all food for thought anyway. i'll certainly be in touch, if i decide to go this way.
cheers, j.

Latest posts