Z hinges do people use them?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_azza

Reaction score
Does anyone use the z hinges? With say a cooker and sink in there van,? Do u need a airbed on top? Cheers

I do. Not very comfortable to be honest, but then my back isn't particularly good. I think the little central bracket needs to be bigger to stop the middle part of the bed dropping down whenever you move. I'm getting a bit welded on, that might help. I'll let you know.

beef said:
I do. Not very comfortable to be honest, but then my back isn't particularly good. I think the little central bracket needs to be bigger to stop the middle part of the bed dropping down whenever you move. I'm getting a bit welded on, that might help. I'll let you know.

There should be a small bracket that drops into the original backrest support that holds the section up when its set up as a bed, its T shaped.

They are OK but better if you use a thin mattress over them rather than relying on the seat itself, when I had one we used a futon mattress from Ikea and it fitted perfectly and when not in use folded in 3 behind the back seat.

Ahh i see ok and can u buy the hinges still? Or am i better just spending the extra and getting a rnr bed ?

I'm using the bracket but find that the seat back slips off it all the time. I've bought a futon mattress from ikea and as you said, it fits perfectly and folds down behind the seat when not in use.
I'd say that if it is to be used primarily as a bed, then go for a rnr, but if having a comfortable seat is more important, go for hinges.

beef said:
I'm using the bracket but find that the seat back slips off it all the time. I've bought a futon mattress from ikea and as you said, it fits perfectly and folds down behind the seat when not in use.

Ah yes, you're right I think we ended up welding a piece of angle to the bracket which gave it a greater surface area to make contact with the backrest itself.

Where are you? You can have a look at mine if you're local to me.

I have them and use them regularly

I use one of them red/blue airbeds there thin and pack away to nowt ;)

I personally think there good ....stock looks and practicality built in

http://www.camperstuff.co.uk/Site/Home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris

I have a set but i don't think ill ever fit them. bought as one of the original sets off here a few years ago. I cant bring myself to tinker with my microbus and lose the originality :(

We have them fitted in our microbus sowe could keep the look of the rear seat. Find it really practical as back seat still really comfy as a seat. We just use a couple of thin single roll-up futon mattresses from The Futon Shop with a mattress topper over the to to keep it together. Snug as a bug and really comfy :D

Sounds like a great option for me cheers guys think il get a thin blow up to put on top :)

I use a blow up camp bed its a double and fits spot on.

Just more the middle seat forward a bit

No it just needs the right adaptor installing to move it forwards

tadazyga.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

did you fab the adapters from some pipe? whats the leg space in front of the middle seat like?

Johnny said:
did you fab the adapters from some pipe? whats the leg space in front of the middle seat like?
These are not mine but i have identical ones in my bus. They are z products middle seat adapters.
Originally came with the hinges leg space is still ok for kids/dwarfs etc but at 6'3 i struggle.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts