15 inch Splitty Wheels Fitment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piggy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm considering changing my 14inch steels to 15inch steels from a Splitty. From what I've seen they are a direct replacement but I have been told by one person they will foul the armature of the beam???

I will be retaining my standard beam, with the only modification being adjusters.

Cheers,

James

i have 15" splitty wheels and they fit fine no problems 8)

I`ve seen some splitty wheels advertised as 16"`s :shock:
Did they make them or is it just someone measuring in the wrong place :?:

Thanks Grazy , easy

Out of interest what size tyres are you guys running?

Also, do any of you guys know whether the smoothie style 15 inch wheels form early wide 5 Beetles fit, or do these rub? They shouldn't though as they are both ET14...right? :?

frag,
You may well have seen 16inch wheels for sale. Early Splitty wheels were 16 inch until 1955 Model Year when they changed to 15 inch, and again in 1963 Model Year the size went down to 14 inch.

:)

Have a look on this thread for tyre size ;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7365&hilit=stance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I dont get any rubbage ;)

Thanks easy...made for some interesting reading.

Just got to work out which wheels to go for now.... :D

piggy said:
You may well have seen 16inch wheels for sale. Early Splitty wheels were 16 inch until 1955 Model Year when they changed to 15 inch, and again in 1963 Model Year the size went down to 14 inch.

:)

'cept for aussie splits which retained 15" until end of production. Which can be handy info if your trying to source some ;)

Latest posts